Exploring.

If you guys don't like kissing, and uh, some sexual tension then I suggest not reading this. But if you do, saddle up boys.

3rd Person

Although he looked perfectly fine, Keith was having an internal breakdown. He wasn't sure whether to wear more clothes, or just stay in his boxers. Shiro would possibly tackle Lance to the ground if he were to walk in on the two.

Keith's bed felt unusually empty and he only hoped that Lance could help melt that feeling away and be there for him to cuddle. The pair both had their own anxieties about what boundaries they had to keep with each other, when all they really wanted was to climb into bed and be with their soulmate's presence for as long as possible.

As he stared at his bedroom ceiling, he felt the need to decorate it. There was always a part of his bedroom that felt uncomfortable, a part that needed to be changed, or added to. As his imagination ran wild about his bedroom decor, he almost didn't hear the faint tapping sound coming from his bedroom window.

He turned immediately as his brain registered the slight noise and a small blush crept up his face as he saw Lance staring from the other side. He had decided just to stay in his boxers, which Lance obviously had no objections to. Carefully unhooking the bedroom window's lock, he watched as Lance tiptoed in.

He made his way back into his bed and watched as Lance took off his shoes. He was wearing grey jogging bottoms and a white cotton shirt. Lance slipped his shirt off as well and threw it in the direction of his shoes.

"Sit down." He giggled slightly at the awkwardness of the situation and moved over so Lance could get under his covers with him.

"Wait, do you like sleeping in the inside of the bed, or closer to the wall?" Lance questioned, to which Keith responded by raising his eyebrow.

"I like to be closer to the wall." Lance nodded and watched as Keith scooted over.

"Is this okay?" Lance whispered, he didn't know whether Keith was comfortable with the type of contact that he liked.

Keith only nodded and nuzzled further into Lance, his stomach felt almost as if he had swallowed a thousand velvet butterflies. He couldn't help but notice the scars that decorated Lance's torso, the slight tinge of yellow that seemed to cover his ribs. He knew that there must've been a reason, but he decided to keep his questions to himself.

Lance watched Keith's eyes trace over the small markings on his chest, he sighed knowing that they'd never leave, but it was a part of his life that he had gotten past.

Abuse was something that was ingrained into his childhood, his past, and he had only seemed to leave it behind when he met Keith. Any conscious thoughts he had about the marks that decorated his body were washed away as Keith placed small kisses above them, a small reassuring movement that only made Lance want to kiss Keith even more.

Lance snapped out of his trance when he heard Keith clear his throat. "You're a dickhead, you know that right?"

Lance inhaled abruptly and masked his cough with his hand. "Way to ruin the moment." He laughed slightly raised his hand to Keith's head, eventually running his fingers through the smaller boy's hair.

"And how, pray tell, am I a dickhead?"

Keith fiddled with the seam of his boxers because turning over to face Lance.

"Because, you treat me like I'm a girl."

Lance furrowed his eyebrows and stared into Keith's eyes. "Hm, and have you ever objected?"

Keith only pressed his palm into his forehead.
"No. But that's not the point, we're literally cuddling. That is not something that I've ever done with anyone before."

"Uh yea, because we're soulmates." Lance added extra emphasis to his words before holding up his ring, which was coloured a mix of yellow and pink.
"And you, are... happy, and ooooh." He pressed his index finger into Keith's nose and watched the smaller boy squirm under his touch.

"In love."

Keith sputtered slightly and covered his face with his pillow. He felt Lance's chest vibrate and almost knew he was laughing at Keith's awkward moment.

Keith, being the mischievous person he was, decided to get Lance back, finally make him feel as awkward and flustered as Lance had managed to do with Keith so many times.

Unburying his face from the pillows, he sat up slightly and leant over Lance. Looking him directly in the eyes, his body language changed completely and he leant in towards his soulmate's ear.

"Do you have an issue with me being completely in love with you. Loverboy?" Lance felt the hairs on his neck stiffen as Keith whispered directly into his ear, his voice was sultry and smooth, completely different from the usually sharper tone which he had. Lance swallowed harshly as Keith started to nibble at his ear. The pair hadn't kissed yet, even though their incomprehensible chemistry made it seem like they'd known each other since birth.

Lance watched on as Keith began to make his way to his neck and felt a small growl erupt from his throat as he realised that Keith was trying to make the first move. Abruptly, Lance swung Keith onto his back, so that he was looking down, able to see the shocked expression of the smaller boy's face.

"Hmm, you think you're going to start something first?" Keith watched as Lance's eyes almost pierced through him and he knew that there was no way he'd be able to fight Lance through who was the most dominant. It wasn't going to stop him from trying though.

"What if I did?" Keith smirked under Lance's gaze and began to reach up, trying to lock his lips into Lance's, only causing the stronger boy to jolt backwards, avoiding the contact.

"Then you need to realise who's in charge." Keith felt himself getting increasingly turned on due to the deeper tone that had overcome Lance's usual voice.

Lance eventually gave in and reached down to Keith's neck, planting small kisses along his jawline, sometimes sucking a little harshly and watching as small purple marks painted their way across his skin. He kissed his way down Keith's throat, occasionally leaving marks as if to claim his partner.
Keith bit his lip harshly, twiddling with his lip ring as he ignored the sound that was hiding at the back of his throat. He only caved when Lance sucked on the space by his collarbone, the one sweet spot that no one had been able to find over the years.

Hearing Keith moan slightly under his grasp, Lance leant in and locked their lips together, using Keiths occasional moan to slip his tongue into the other boy's mouth. Their kiss was passionate, much to what Keith expected from Lance in that situation.

Lance could only embrace the feeling as it happened and felt his hands make their way down to Keith's hips, resting on the hem of his boxers. They wouldn't go that far, not tonight at-least, and both boys knew that. Tonight was about exploring their mouths.

Keith only pulled back slightly to breathe in the air that he had been deprived of for what felt like ten hours.

As Keith breathed, he thought about how much different the kiss felt than to anyone he had ever kissed before. And how much better the sex would feel too.

(Sorry guys that I didn't include the full on cheeky bum sex kinda stuff. It won't fully explain it on the next chapter but they ended up cuddling and falling asleep together despite their plans for Lance to leave whoops.

-Kirsty please don't think any less of me omg wooow this was a hell of a ride to write)