Admit it.

(birb)
I promise there will be some actual plot and happiness after this. I wrote this when I was kinda sad so, excuse the emotional jibber jabber.

Also, longer chapter! Yeeboy.

After showering, Lance made his way into the kitchen - Keith hadn't said anything to him since the dancing scenario but it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. They'd have to have a conversation on why Lance hadn't told him about his dancing, why he was so emotionally bothered by the song.

In his mind, going over Lance's life seemed like the worst thing in the entire world, admitting to a life of neglect and abuse isn't something that he wanted to do, especially as it affected his touch façade of which he had perfected over the years. Emotions were tough, something that Lance had learned to push aside knowing that consequences would come if he ever expressed them outwardly. As much as he trusted his soulmate, the fact still remained that talking about life issues wasn't his strong point.

Yawning over his own thoughts, Lance stretched his arms above his head. Warm showers always made him feel loosened up, more relaxed, comfortable. Keith was sitting atop the kitchen counter, topless in a pair of Lance's grey joggers, warm bowl of instant noodles in one hand, chopsticks in the other. In the background, Keith was playing 'Lookalike' on his phone, he always liked to eat with music. Something about the way it added an 'atmosphere'.

As Lance showered, Keith had time to reflect on what he'd seen, time to try and wrap his head around the emotional dance that he had witnessed. He knew that there was something that he didn't know, something that affected Lance so deeply that even he wasn't allowed to know. Well, he hoped he could be told, it was his own boyfriend for fucks sake.

"Hey." Lance walked towards Keith and squeezed in between his legs, using Keith as a backrest.

Basically scoffing down his noodles, Keith choked out a 'Heyo.' making Lance chuckle.

"So... you saw my dancing..." He twiddled with his thumbs nervously, a habit that he had come to develop in his teenage years.

Keith nodded slowly.

"Yea, it was beautiful."

Keith wasn't sure whether he should push Lance into telling him what it was about, or if he should just leave it. His mood ring wasn't alerting him of anything important other than Lance's anxiousness, but even without the ring he would've been able to tell.

"Thanks..."

The pair constantly worried about the other's feelings more than their own, Keith worried about what Lance would do if he pushed him and Lance worried about Keith's reaction to the truth - it would've been a never ending loop of worry and confusion, that is, until faint footsteps were heard by the front door.

"Who's that?" Keith questioned, he figured that everyone would've been out for a long time.

"I-... I don't know?"

Pushing himself out of Keith's legs, Lance popped his head around the corner, getting a visible view of a slightly disheveled looking Ronnie. He wasn't sure if she was just a bit scruffy or if she normally looked like that until she turned around, a dried stream of blood from her nose, having flowed to her neck. Faint sniffles could be heard even over the music and Keith caught them too. Switching his phone off, he jumped down from the counter.

Glancing back towards Keith, eyes nearly popping out his head, Lance practically sprinted towards his younger sister who flinched at the loud sounds of his footsteps.

Taking in her appearance, the Cuban gasped, feeling his eyes start to water.

The right side of Ronnie's face was scratched to oblivion, blood still dropping from the wound, she had a rather large blue mark surrounding her eye socket and she wore a pained expression.