Two

Rayna

Robb stands beside me as we wait for the King to approach Winterfell but I'm no longer excited.
"Ready to see the Baratheon boys?" he asks.
"They are children", I mutter. Mother has pushed the idea of Joffrey Baratheon being a potential suitor or even waiting for Tommen to come of age. I doubt it is her suggestion, and certainly not fathers so I've come to the conclusion that they believe the king will want to join our houses. Even so I made it quite clear to her that I'm not waiting years for young boys to grow up so I can marry them. She can marry Sansa and Arya to them, I'm looking for a grown man that can look after me now, not in ten years time.
"You know Mother will push you towards Joffrey", he reminds me much to my displeasure.
"She is pushing me towards any male that's within ten years of me, you can judge my suitors for her, see if you approve", I decide knowing Robb will only choose a man who is good, who I'll actually like "She wants her daughter married and you want your sister safe and happy"
"Very true", Robb may be younger than me but he protects me like an older brother would.
"So which house do you think would be best?" I ask "The worst would be Martell and I'd rather not live in Dorne, the richest house is Lannister, a Tyrell would be alright I suppose but not a Greyjoy, gods they say the Iron Islands are savage""
"You definitely aren't going to be Lady of the Iron Islands", he agrees with a laugh, we love Theon dearly but he is a brother to us "Although I doubt Theon would object to marrying you, and the only Lannisters are the Imp and the Kingslayer, then there's distant cousins but no one important"
They say the Kingslayer is the most handsome man in the seven kingdoms, I certainly wouldn't object to having a conversation with him. The Lannister Lion.
"One thing I made clear to mother was I'd rather marry a proper man who is ten years older than me than a boy, and that's what I intend to do"
"Except they are all married", he says but two people come to mind who aren't.
"What about Renly Baratheon, he's only a few years older than me and he is the Kings brother?"
If want me to marry a Baratheon I'd prefer him. From what I hear he is decent.
"Apparently Mace Tyrell wants to marry his daughter Margaery to him", he says but I'm not too devastated as I remember the dreams that have been haunting me.
"They say Jaime Lannister is handsome"
He scoffs at that "The Kingslayer is probably twice your age"
"He is a proper man though", I argue "And he's not that old. In his thirties and from what I hear he has his youth"
"He is sworn to take no wife", he reminds me and I curse as I remember the kingsguard but I have been listening to the gossip from the south these past few weeks in preparation for going there.
"Everyone knows Tywin wants him to leave it and besides Casterly Rock would be far nicer place to live than Dorne or the Iron Islands or anywhere else"
Before either of us can continue arguing mother is running over and putting us into position as the the King arrives.
Slowly the procession rolls in and I see the Princes. I can't help but gag a little at the thought of marrying either of them however Sansa is already swooning over Joffrey and Tommen is a young boy, maybe Brans age.
The Queens carriage arrives and she exits it wearing a stony expression. I've always been a good judge of character, and something about her seems off.
"There's Jaime Lannister, the Queens twin brother", Arya whispers and I eagerly look to a man in golden armour wearing a white cloak and watch as he takes off his helmet.
He has to be the most handsome man I've ever seen. Blonde hair and a strong jaw, tall and broad, he'd have to be in his thirties to be the Kingslayer but he looks far younger. Like a proper man not old as Robb claimed.
His eyes meet mine and I can't ignore the fluttery feeling in my stomach or how my heart races however I quickly remember my charms and smile subtlety so no one sees it except for him.
Except for Robb who looks between us and glares a little. Maybe I shouldn't have asked him to judge my potential suitors.
Jaime Lannister returns a small closed lipped smile and returns to his duties.
I look at Robb as I try to suppress a smile and his face looks just as stony as the queens.
"He's not that awful", I whisper to him and mother elbows me subtly to be quiet. He smirks at me and I turn my nose up at him.
"Not now", mother whispers curtly and we look straight ahead as we try not to laugh.
The King finally arrives and he and my father greet each other in an odd manner. I don't think I've ever heard anyone call my father fat but as they laugh I relax. He greets my mother and then looks at me and stiffens.
"You, you must be Rayna", he half stutters.
"Yes your grace", I smile politely not letting my confusion at his reaction show.
"You look like Lyanna", he comments and I glance to my father who averts his gaze.
"Thank you, I've heard she was lovely", I say as I struggle to find a response. All my life I've been told I'm like her and usually I smile and nod but this is the king, everyone knows he loved her.
"She has the same spirit Lyanna had", Father says and I realise I rarely hear him speak of her. Robert nods and turns to Robb.
As the formal greetings occur my eyes dart to the Kingslayer. He's unmarried, a member of the Kings guard but as I said to Robb I've heard enough from kingslanding to know that Tywin Lannister wants him to marry. He is certainly attractive enough to draw the attention of any woman in the room but noble families have a certain distain for him, a man without honour, an oathbreaker they call him. I never quite understood why, well of course I understand why, he is the Kingslayer. He killed the man he swore to protect, stabbed him in the back but the King was mad. My Father fought against the Mad King, someone had to kill the old man.
Ser Jaimes eyes flick to mine and I hold his gaze for longer than what would be considered appropriate. He smiles to himself a little and then escorts Queen Cersei inside who is hardly bothering to hide her offence as Robert goes to the crypts.
Jaime Lannister. He is a man I would like to know.