Enter Rocket

Ethan's POV

The grass was dense and wet and I wasn't able to walk in it. My shoes were all wet too and there was no way we were going to get to Cherrygrove City before sunset.

Lyra and I were trying to get across Route 29. And were roaming here and there getting our clothes dirty.

'You said you knew all the directions', said Lyra. 'Didn't you learn atlas ?'.

'I did but didn't care about this part of Johto as it was isolated from the whole map', I said, explaining it to Lyra.

'Now we're lost, thanks to you', said Lyra, disappointed.

'We'll find a way, I know', I said, hoping that we do. 'Hey, should we battle each other ?'.

'Battle ? Dude, I never wanted to be a Trainer. I was forced by my parents', said Lyra, sad.

'It's okay, I didn't like it either before I battled for the first time when I was...maybe seven', I said. 'If you don't do it, you'll never find it amazing'.

'Okay, I'll battle you then !', exclaimed Lyra. 'Wait, how does this work again ?'.

'You'll see, go Cyndiquil', I said, throwing the Pokeball on the ground and a Pokemon burst out.

The Pokemon was very cute, looked like a mole or a mouse. It's face was oval like of a mole and it had a big back. His lower body was cream colored while his head and upper body were pine.

'So ? Am I supposed to throw the Pokeball ?', asked Lyra, calmly.

I scratched my head where my hindbrain was and still is. Then I began to say something and stopped.

'What's up with you ?', I asked, increasing my tone. 'You were saying something'.

'Aachhoooo ! No, I had to sneeze', I said, after a loud sneeze. 'Yes, you have to throw the Pokeball. You know nothing about Pokemon'.

'That's why I wasn't interested in being a Trainer in the first place', said Lyra, saying in a tone in which it sounded like - haha, it's obvious you know.

'Just throw it !', I said, suddenly. Lyra shivered and threw the Pokeball. The Pokeball hit Cyndiquil and the Pokemon came out.

The Pokemon was tea green in color and had a jade colored leaf on it's head. It stood on it's four legged. But it looked confused and looked around.

'Chikorita, use........that leaf', said Lyra, not knowing the attacks.

Chikorita looked at Lyra and started to run away. It ran into the tall grasses and disappeared.

'What ?', said Lyra, sad. 'Come back'. But the Chikorita was gone.

'Oh no, I think Chikorita doesn't like you're, I said, laughing. But my laughter stopped after looking at Lyra's angry face. 'Cyndiquil, look for Chikorita'.

Cyndiquil began smelling the grass and followed Chikorita's scent. He began walking further on Route 29.

'You see, nothing to worry about', I said, looking at Lyra with a smile.

Lyra looked at me casually. 'What ?', I asked.

'Nothing to worry about ? See that-', said Lyra, pointing towards where Cyndiquil was heading.

I looked towards Cyndiquil, he was chewing some berries in a just picnic basket.

'Cyndiquil, what are you doing ? We are supposed to find Chikorita, not ber.......ries', I said. 'Wait, why is this basket even here ?'.