There's Always A Place Like Home

Red's POV

"I brought Sudowoodo here and-" I said, interrupted by Joy.

"I'm really sorry."

"Uh, actually the thing is, Sudowoodo was abandoned by his trainer." I said, trying my best to make up stuff. "The trainer left him in the middle of the route and told Sudowoodo that he'll come back, but he never did."

"Oh." Said Nurse Joy. "Sounds very familiar to me. If that's the case, you can take him."

"Where is he again?" I asked.

Nurse Joy led me to a room where Sudowoodo layed on the bed. Next to me stood my newly evolved Pokemon - Espeon.

"He is now fighting fit." Said Nurse Joy. "Walking out of the room."

Sudowoodo stood up quickly, full of energy, he looked at Espeon as if he was trying to say something, without even saying. Okay, this sounds bizarre.

"Let's go." I said, walking to the door. "Let's find your trainer."

"Sudowoodo." Said Sudowoodo, sadly.

"What's the matter?" I asked, worried. "Okay, do you know where your trainer lives?"

Sudowoodo nodded to say yes.

"Were you lost when I found you?" I asked. Sudowoodo nodded again.

"Did you run away?" Sudowoodo shook his head in disagreement.

"Where does your trainer live?" I asked, Sudowoodo couldn't really answer that question as I won't be able to understand.

Sudowoodo pointed at the window. Through the window, the Moomoo Village could be seen.

"The Moomoo Village?" I asked, Sudowoodo nodded. "This was easy."

The next we did when Sudowoodo was back to walking condition - we walked. Obviously. To the village.

If Sudowoodo was right, his trainer should not be far from the Moomoo Village, or maybe he lives somewhere in the village itself.

The village was huge. It wasn't even a village, seemed more like a town to me. I mean, this place should be on the map.

It had an infrastructure just like Pallet Town. I walked passed a fountain in the direction Sudowoodo was steering me. Around the fountain were buildings with gift and grocery stores.

Averagely, the buildings had a perfectly painted cream color along with white panels on which the windows were made.

The streets almost felt like I was in the fictional city of Barcelona from where the famous FIFA show character Messi belonged.

Undoubtedly, Sudowoodo was confused and I was curious to know his story. I had questions. Why was Sudowoodo so lost? Why was he showing such uncanny behaviour?

Sudowoodo's POV

The Espeon was fully aware of what happened to me. I quietly walked, finding my way home.

I lived in an urban family. Henry, a 67 year old, was my trainer. We had a ton of adventures together and we had always been there for each other.

I've been his Pokemon since he was about 10. Then he finally grew up, married, had children, his children married, one of them went away for a while and had been away ever since.

One day, he slept and never woke up. That was the day I ran away, leaving his daughter and her kids alone.

I bumped into a wild Pokemon and it chased me. I was so scared that I hid inside a truck which drove away to Kanto.