Some Things Are Better Left Unown (II)

Red's POV

I stood in front of the PC in the Pokecentre, with my account logged in. After having the conversation with Ethan, I selected the Professor option. Professor Oak's name was on the top.

I selected his name and the call was sent, then, I just waited for Oak to pick up the call.

'Red, I'm pleased to see you', said the always-happy Professor Oak. 'You didn't call too much this month'.

'I am really sorry for not calling. You see, there's a lot happening over here, lately', I said.

'I'll go with that', said Professor Oak, smiling.

'No, it's not an excuse', I said, quickly. 'I wanted to ask if Pikachu would like to come back, really missing him here'.

'Of course he wants to. Pikachu, come on here', said Professor Oak, looking elsewhere.

Pikachu hopped on the table on which Professor Oak's PC was placed.

'Hey buddy, I was just asking Professor if you'd like to come here', I said.

'Pika', said Pikachu, showing two fingers, agreeing to come to Johto.

'Okay, Red. Which Pokemon would you like to send ?', asked Oak.

'Uh, for now, that'd be Jolteon', I said. 'I want him to take a break. And, soon, I will tell you about something, something that'll be hard to believe'.

'Oh, I know. Just don't mess anything up', said Professor Oak.

I looked at him in confusion, for a second I thought he knew about Eevee and the time travel thingy. But then he made an innocent face and smiled.

'Just kidding, tell me when the time comes', said Oak. 'Hope you enjoy the coming weekend'.

'Uh, okay', I said. 'I am placing Jolteon's Pokeball on the disk'.

I detached a Pokeball off of my belt and kept it on the disk for the transfer.

'Okay, done the same with Pikachu', said Professor Oak.

I pressed the red button on the disk and the Pokeball flashed and poof. The PC screen displayed - Transfer Successful.

'Good luck, Red', said Professor Oak, switching off his PC.

I was about to call Mom, but the time wasn't right, she must've been asleep by then.

I sent out Pikachu from his Pokeball. Pikachu jumped straight into my arms.

'I can't tell how much I missed you', I said. 'It was like I lost a part of me'.

'Pikachu, Pika', said Pikachu, his expressions clearly said that he missed me too.

I went upstairs to sleep, Pikachu didn't go inside his Pokeball the whole night, instead, he slept on my stomach.

I haven't talked to Mom in quite a while. It was almost the end of March, that means a month without even calling Mom, that was rude.

And I almost forgot I had a Pokegear through which I could place calls, without being in a Pokecentre, but my brain wouldn't use itself to make me remember that.

The next morning, I woke up early, which wasn't like me at all as I woke up late normally.

And I knew my mom was awake at that time, yeah, waking up late is what I inherited from dad. I called mom using the PC in the Pokecentre and talked to her. Then, I shared my PokeGear number to Mom, just because she knew I won't call her usually.