Safari Zone

Red's POV

Cianwood City, there it was. A small city surrounded by mountains on three side and water on the fourth one. The water was cold and I had experience with that after slipping once in it, saved by Ditto.

Ditto stopped on the beach and we jumped off. He quickly transformed into the first Pokemon he could see.

I pointed the Pokedex towards the Pokemon. "Quagsire, a Water Fish Pokemon. Due to its relaxed and carefree attitude, it often bumps its head on boulders and boat hulls as it swims."

"Johto has a variety." I was overjoyed. In the map I saw that Cianwood City has a Safari Zone and I really wanted to see new kinds of Pokemon, and maybe Lyra would want to catch one for herself, she has five Pokemon only.

"Kanto has a wider variety." Said Lyra. "Look at the address Jasmine sent you."

I turned on my PokeGear and checked Jasmine's message. It had an address on it and we started to look foe the house immediately.

In about an hour, we were at the given address and I rang the doorbell. The door was opened by a an old man. "You must be the kid Jasmine was talking about it."

"Uh, yes sir. We're here to get the medicine." Said Lyra.

"Here you go." Said the old man, handing Lyra a small bottle. "Avoid direct sunlight, it'll lose its properties."

Lyra quickly put it in her bag and zipped it tight. "I'll take care of that."

The old man closed the door. Well, now we had to head to the PokeCentre, then the gym. So we did exactly that. First, we got our Pokemon back to full health. Then, we went to the gym.

"You got to be kidding me!" I exclaimed. "What a coincidence!"

"It's closed." Said Lyra. "Wow. Red your luck is running out, haha."

"Not funny, Lyra. Pokemon league is still a thing and we're still late for it."

"You know, I'll tell you something. I wanted an adventure and not some work which I had to do within a given timeframe, so at this point. If we don't even make it to the league, I'll appreciate that we actually tried. Cause I didn't wanted to participate in the first place." Lyra irated. "Stop irritating me by saying the same thing again and again."

"So what do you wanna do right now?"

"I don't know. Wait for the gym to open. There are timings, I'll open tomorrow morning." Said Lyra.

"Then I know what we can do." I said. "Follow me."

"Where are we going?"

"The Safari Zone."

Chuck's POV

15 minutes ago

"Chuck, I need help." Walker came running into the gym.

"Did you find it?" I asked, standing up and rushing to the door.

"Yes." Said Walker.

Walker was a friend of mine. He was the father of Violet City Gym Leader - Falkner. For the past year, he has been looking for the legendary trio. And finally, he found one of them.

"Which one is it?" I asked, following Walker to the northern part of Cianwood.

Walker didn't say anything and I saw it. The massive blue creature with an aquamarine crest on its head with a shape of a hexagram and a thick purple mane. Two white ribbon like tails.

The wind started blowing harshly as we slowly walked towards it.

"Suicune." I said, astonished. The Suicune was sleeping and Walker recommended not to speak or else it'll flee. "It is real."

"Yes." Said Walker. "It is."

I stepped on a broken branch and it made a cracking sound. Suicune opened its eyes and ran at high speed, away from us.

"Shit." Said Walker, sending out his Skarmory. "Skarmory, hurry up. Chase it." Walker sat on his Pokemon and flew away after the Suicune.

Suicune disappeared.

Red's POV

Safari Zone. The entrance was so familiar, just like Kanto. At the reception, we were handed 20 Safari balls and food.

It was a jungle. The fragrance was almost cloying. The moisture was so much that sweating had become obsolete. Lyra marched forward.

There was sound of a river nearby. This was nothing like Kanto. The grass was thick and tall, covering half of my legs. It was scary.

The grass was damp. I could see the river now. The water seemed green, it was a bit darker in the shadows of the trees but more pale where the sunlight hit it directly.

The trees folded around as as if they were taking possession of us. Leafy arms came into the way and blocked our motion in every direction.

"What's that!" Lyra jumped excitedly and rushed away. I ran after her. But every step I took, I kept getting lost into the Safari Zone. And within a matter of seconds, I had lost Lyra.

Every view was unique but the same, on the same time. I let out a long sigh, cutting my way through the dense, suffocating overgrowth.

I walked towards the light, shimmering through the vast canopy of leaves. Then, I was back at the river. Pokemon were allowed inside this Safari Zone, luckily. So I could now smell my way back to Lyra. Easy peasy.

"Go Pikachu." I said, sending out Pikachu. "We need to look for Lyra."

"Pika pika." Smiled Pikachu.

"Go Ivysaur." I said. "Walk along the river, carefully. It maybe our only way back."

Suddenly, a drop of water touched my face. I looked around. Pikachu and Ivysaur wiped a drop of water from their faces too. We slowly walked along the river. A water gun came and hit me, along with Pikachu and Ivysaur.

Pikachu looked at the river and ran along the river at full speed. Ivysaur and I ran after him.

Three small water Pokemon came out of the river and climbed up a tree whose braches were almost above the river.

The Pokemon used water gun at Pikachu. Pikachu quickly dodged it using quick attack. "Pikachu, thunderbolt."

The thunderbolt hit two of them and they fell inside the river. Suddenly, a Safari Ball came out of nowhere and touched the third one. It went inside and was caught.

The ball was about to fall in the river but was caught by Lyra. "My sixth Pokemon." Said Lyra, taking her Pokedex outside.

"Wooper, a Water Fish Pokemon, and the previous evolution of a Quagsire. This Pokémon lives in cold water. It will leave the water to search for food when it gets cold outside."

"Great job." I said. "Now you have a full team." I walked along the river.

"Go Togepi." Said Lyra. "Togepi, lead us to the exit."

Togepi started walking slowly into the forest. And we had no option except for walking after it.

"Remind me that we need to go to the restaurant after this, Pikachu." I asked.

"Pika!"