Rick and Morty

Red's POV

Ecruteak City.

It was time for another gym battle. Wasn't expecting one this soon, but here it was. This was it, my journey had reached it's fifty percent and I couldn't even realise how the time flew past.

The world was growing rapidly, I'd seen a lot of things changing from time to time but 2014 was new in some way. From quality to quantity, everything was getting better and better.

Not only talking about technology and advancements, also talking about - people. Lyra changed, in a good way, of course, but she did.

The other day in the Pokémart, I was purchasing a few items, I saw a new variety of Pokéball. Knowing that there is no other ball like the Master Ball, but these were new.

"How can Pokéballs be of different kinds?" I asked.

The shopkeeper replied with a smile. "Companies are working hard these days, trying out these new Pokémon catching doohickeys."

"Well, what'd they do?"

He picked one of the Pokéball that was white in color, but unlike the regular Pokeball, this one was completely white with a 2D red printing around it. The shopkeeper placed it on the table, for me to observe the ball.

"This is the Premier Ball."

"What does it do?" I asked, curious. It had to do something with the catch rate of course.

"Nothing, just for the looks. But then, here is the real deal. Dive Ball, increases catch rate for Pokémon deep in the sea. Fast Ball, works best on quick Pokémon that often flee from a wild battle."

"Interesting." I said. "But I'd like to buy an Ultra Ball and a Premier Ball."

"Kid, I don't sell Ultra Balls. Go ahead, the Premier Ball is yours. 500 bucks."

"500 bucks? That's a lot. I can buy 5 regulars from that." I complained.

"I didn't set the prices. Moreover, your Ultra Ball is supposed to be 800 bucks."

"Fair enough." I said. Finally, I purchased the Premier Ball, it was a bit expensive for a useless Pokeball, but I bought it. Can't say much, I'm a crazy Pokemon Trainer.

Ecruteak City was situated in the woods between Mount Mortar and the open fields of the western shores of Johto. Known for its mythological history, which I barely knew. Lyra told me something related to creatures called Dogs. (Which obviously is a made up word).

The houses were ancient, made up of white bricks, perfectly aligned blocks, purple stack rooftops. I could see no road in the entire city, only grey footpaths surrounded by evenly cut grass. People too wore old fashioned Japanese clothing. It was a city of cultural tradition.

Among all the people, I saw a person wearing regular western clothes. He stood outside the PokeCentre. As I walked closer, I recognised his face.

The copycat fiddled with his PokeGear and suddenly noticed me.

"Red!" Exclaimed Bill. "I think I found Articuno."