Hero Named Hiro (Chapter 10)

Saturday comes with a big bang. Which just meant that Ku goes around, pulling blankets off and opening curtains to get the teens to wake up.

"I know it is Saturday but we have a meeting with the Magic Council! It is your first impression on them, so let us get ready and be prepared!" Ku announces as he goes down the steps. The teens all stumble out of their rooms, sleepily rubbing their eyes.

"Sensei....it's only five in the morning, the meeting's at nine," Brenton points out.

"Yeah, I'm going back to bed," Sasha yawns loudly and stretches out her arms as she goes back into her room.

"Sasha, this is even more important for you! You have to make a good impression on them!" Ku calls out and Sasha immediately comes back out of her room.

"He's right," Sasha dashes for the bathroom. Alex feels too sleepy to try and beat Sasha. She flashes him a thankful smile before closing the door.

"How are you feeling?" Owen asks, unlike Brenton, he couldn't tell what his best friend was feeling.

"Fine, really. I mean, yeah, I'm fine," Urana answers absentmindedly, her thoughts clearly somewhere else. Owen sighs to himself as Urana goes to wait for the bathroom.

"Brenton, I can't tell anymore what girls mean by 'fine.' Are they really fine? Or do they want someone to push them to tell?" Owen questions.

"Dude, it's too early for this," Brenton yawns, covering his mouth with his elbow. "Also, how would I know? The only girls I hang around were my little sisters and these three."

"Pfft, these three," Alex overhears and laughs.

"It's true, except for Ava. She's cool," Brenton rubs his right eye. "Where's my gel...?

"You didn't really answer my question but you have a good point," Owen watches as Brenton mindlessly patted his pockets for the bottle of hair gel.

"Panic in three, two, one," Alex counts down.

"I forgot my hair gel!" Brenton cries out and runs back to his room, holding onto the edge of the door frame to pull him into his room. Alex, Owen, and Urana burst into laughter. Sasha comes out of the bathroom and Urana goes in next.

"I wanted to go next," Alex grumbles as Urana shuts the door. "I should've run to the bathroom."

"But then you wouldn't be able to use it for the rest of the day," Owen reminds him.

"Yeah, yeah, but we aren't doing anything," Alex waves his hand sleepily, accidentally hitting Owen in the face.

"Watch it!" Owen grumbles, swatting at Alex's hand.

"Hurry it up please!" Ku calls out.

"You can't rush these beautiful spikes Sensei!" Brenton replies, holding a whole jar of hair gel. Alex and Owen don't even look surprised but Sasha throws him a questioning look.

"That's what you're gonna get on your birthday, a jar of hair gel," Sasha jokes. Alex and Owen laugh while Brenton rolls his eyes.

"It's the perfect gift for him," Urana agrees, coming out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, yeah, so funny," Brenton yawns before dashing into the bathroom while everyone else was busy.

--

Ava really didn't enjoy waking up at five in the morning on a Saturday. But what could she do?

It's an important meeting...like we're finally gonna met the Magic Council! Ava finds herself excited by the thought. She showers then uses her magic to blow dry her hair afterwards.