Give Me A Hug (Chapter 20)

Sasha couldn't stop herself from tearing up as soon as she hits the streets. It didn't make sense to her as to why but she knew she just needed to.

Why am I the one crying?

Because you liked her. Even if it was for a bit, you still liked her.

At least your friends noticed before it got really bad...how could I be so stupid and not notice before?

Gotta go apologize to them now.

Sasha sniffs, her eyes finally giving up on crying. At least she thought so until they started to tear up again.

She reaches the familiar house and with a huge breath, Sasha goes in.

"I'm sorry Sasha, we didn't mean to push you or anything," Amy apologizes first.

"Yeah, we don't even know Cari that well," Urana adds. "I jumped to conclusions."

"We're really sorry-" Ava gets cut off by Sasha hugging the three of them. All of them look confused but mostly surprised.

"You guys were right..." Sasha mumbles. "Just this once! But you guys were right. Sorry for not at least considering it..."

"It's all good sis," Urana smiles.

"Wait-what happened to change your mind?" Amy raises an eyebrow.

"You've been crying...oh no," Ava gasps.

"I..." Sasha feels like she hasn't spoken her mind in forever. It feels strange. "I broke up with Cari...she said I spent more time with you guys but honestly...I'm never home."

"Ah, I knew it! You love us!" Ava hugs Sasha.

"Sasha loves us?!" Alex shows up, a smile widening on his face.

"Yeah!" Ava peers over to look at him.

"We love you too Sasha!" Alex jumps over, hugging Sasha as well.

"Guys...you're squishing me..." Sasha laughs. It feels good to laugh. "No seriously, thank you...for pointing it out because I was in denial."

"I'm just surprised you did it so quickly," Urana admits.

"You work fast don't you?" Amy grins, ruffling Sasha's hair.

"Yup! Besides, I told you, I love being myself so it just took a push for me to realize," Sasha grins. "I'm pretty cool aren't I?"

"Okay Sasha, getting so full of yourself already?" Urana nudges her playfully.

"Why not? I'm feeling so much better!" Sasha nudges Urana back, Alex and Ava finally letting go.

"Sasha's back!" Alex and Ava cheer for everyone to hear. Everyone else comes out from where they are.

"Are you feeling alright? I am sorry for not speaking up about it," Ku apologizes.

"It's okay Sensei. You had your own problems but you did notice," Sasha smiles. "You asked me about it remember? I just chose not to answer you."

"Yeah, you literally ignored me," Brenton huffs. "But you had your reason." The small flame burns on his head again.

Her satellite.

"And you were hardly ever hanging out with us," Owen adds.

Sasha looks over at the redhead mage. What truth is in what Cari said? There couldn't be. Brenton is a great friend-and older brother-not a loser. Owen and Urana aren't annoying and Alex and Ava are not babies.