Yeah, Um, How About No (Chapter 15)

Sasha brushes her hair in front of the mirror on her dresser. Brenton pops his head in the door and Sasha turns around. They just came back from training for Tuesday.

"Hey Sasha, we're all gonna hang out at Ava's, you coming?" Brenton looks hopeful.

"Nah, I'm gonna hang with Cari," Sasha declines, grabbing her phone and slipping it into her ripped jeans.

"Oh, have fun!" Brenton smiles. "Catch ya later then!" He quickly disappears. Brenton glances back at Sasha but she's fixing her hair.

He turns around again before going down the stairs. Brenton wipes the sad look off his face when he sees Alex radiating sunshine.

"I feel like I haven't seen Ava in forever!" Alex cries out, dramatically leaning against Brenton.

"You literally saw her like two minutes ago," Brenton laughs, holding onto Alex to make sure he doesn't fall.

"But it's still been so long!" Alex whines, falling to the floor and Brenton quickly catches him. "Haha, nice job! I can't wait to make more TikToks!"

"Dude," Brenton shakes his head at him. "Let's get going. If you wanna see Ava faster of course."

Alex quickly lights up and starts to hop around. Brenton chuckles to himself as Alex puts on his shoes.

At least someone's looking at lot better.

"You guys coming or what?" Urana asks, her shoes already on like Owen's.

"What did Sasha say?" Owen questions, opening the door.

"She said she's gonna hang out with Cari," Brenton shakes his head.

"And Sensei's gone looking for Hiromi," Alex adds. "Look at how sad Brenton looks."

"Wha-I do not!" Brenton pouts, crossing his arms. Everyone else laughs, causing Brenton to look even more annoyed.

"So I guess it's just us," Owen shrugs. "I don't know if it's good or bad...it just seems...incomplete."

--

Sasha knocks on the large house's door. Cari invited her over to hang out and Sasha figured that she sees the others all the time.

She wouldn't be able to see Cari all the time though. So it makes sense to spend more time with her.

Cari opens the door, wearing an oversized hoodie.

"Hey girl, come on in," Cari moves out of the way, a bright smile on her face.

"Hey Cari," Sasha smiles back, putting her hands into her hoodie's pockets as she steps in. "Do I take off my shoes?"

"Yeah, the floor was just cleaned," Cari nods and Sasha slips off her boots. "Nice fuzzy socks by the way."

Sasha looks down at her purple fuzzy socks. "Haha, thanks," Sasha grins. "Where are your parents? I should probably say hi."

"They're at work, but they'll be back who knows when," Cari answers, kissing Sasha's cheek, then holding Sasha's hand and leading her up the spiraling steps.

"I don't think you've ever seen my room before right?" Cari questions and Sasha shakes her head. Cari grins, then opens up the door to her large room.

Sasha somewhat envied the big room but remembered that she is sharing a house with five other people. Which is WAY better than only three people occupying one huge house.

It's more fun being with everyone rather than being alone. Sasha wouldn't trade that for anything. She's grown accustomed to it after all.

The room is decorated in all sorts of posters of rappers and models. From general hanging out, Sasha knows that Cari wants to be in the arts-more specifically-modeling. Also, she mentioned it when they hung out after practice.