The Great Regrowth (Chapter 35)

"Shit," Hiromi mumbles to herself as she helps a few other Catalis out of the cracks. Their cat abilities giving them more advantage than she and Ku have in this situation.

"Is there anyone else?" Victoria questions, clutching tiny kittens in her giant claws. The couple shake their heads 'no'. "Then hop on!"

They listen to the violet dragon and jump up to join her in the air. She catches them on her back as she flies towards the nearest shelter house.

The ground wouldn't last but at least the shelter houses might. Victoria floats above the entrance of one huge, block building. She lands on the roof as the wind has enough force to blow off anyone else.

"Hold on, it'll be like a slide," Victoria practically screams in order to be heard as the sky darkens over them. She sets her tail into the entrance hole.

The couple helps all the Catalis down the hole as they shout out their thanks. Victoria then turns to gently place the kittens in the hole and the older Catalis help the little ones in.

"Let's get back out there, there's a lot of land to cover," Ku narrows his eyes to try and see through the storm.

"Yeah, this isn't going to be easy. When's the storm supposed to pass?" Hiromi questions as Victoria takes off again, fighting through the wind.

"Not anytime soon, that's for sure," Victoria focuses on her flying, knowing that it's not just her in trouble if she lost her flying grip.

--

"Attention citizens, we will be experiencing some shock waves. Please set up protection spells at your home. Be advised that a Magic Storm is coming as well so magic will be canceled out during that time. Please ensure you use turn on your anti-shock home bases," a speaker announces.

To prove the speaker's point, the ground rumbles. Everyone setting up spells like the announcer said.

"Iring is in trouble! Anyone that hasn't been contacted for staying behind, make your way to Iring!" Zora's voice booms over everyone.

"You six are to stay here of course," Astrid tells the teen specifically before running off to help out with the emergency.

"Why not? We can help!" Sasha protests.

"It's a Magic Storm genius, you can't use your magic at all," Scott appears, running over to the changing room, his siblings and the teens hot on his heels.

"I'm in the running for Royal of Magic, I think I handle not using magic," Sasha points out.

"Who's gonna stay with them then?" Amy brings up. "You all have to stay here. It's not safe-"

"-it's not safe for you either!" Alex protests.

"Do you really have to go?" Ava adds. "Can't you guys stay too? What if something happens here...?"

"Sasha will be here," Quill smiles at Sasha before sprinting into the changing room.

"I mean you guys..." Ava replies.

"Yeah, you guys have each other and the other mages here. You'll be fine okay?" Red stays behind for a moment. "Just look out for each other alright?"

"Don't go," Alex and Ava say.

"They have to...its their duty," Brenton puts a hand on both of their shoulders. "Red, hurry, those people need help."

"Take care of each other okay?" Red offers a reassuring smile and gently kisses Alex and Ava's heads before running into the changing room. They all come out a few moments later, dressed, and with one last glance at the teens, they take off.