Ku's Soulmate (Chapter 8)

"Owen?! Owen! Where'd you go?!" Urana looks around at the black landscape anxiously.

"Hiromi!"

Urana turns around to see Ku running towards a woman. Ku looks faded, like a ghost. Taking a deep breath of calm herself, Urana tries to move but her legs feel heavy.

"What the hell?!" Urana tries to move her legs but they don't budge. "Sensei! Sensei, what's going on?! Sensei!"

But Ku doesn't hear her. He reaches the woman but she spots Urana and gasps.

"What have I done...?" Hiromi covers her mouth with her hand. Urana looks confused at her reaction.

"I'm Urana! Please, what's going on here?" Urana calls out, knowing she could see her.

"A child..! I-I-what did I do...?" Hiromi rubs her temples. Ku looks back at her, confused. "How could I let this happen? It was supposed to be with Ku!"

That confuses Urana. She raises an eyebrow, unsure of who this woman is. Is she going to hurt Ku? Maybe she's not help...but Ku is trying to touch her hand...?

"I have to get out of here quickly...maybe I can talk to her...?" Hiromi anxiously looks at Urana.

"Can't you hear me?" Urana cups her mouth to try and be louder. Ku starts to fade away, he reaches out to Hiromi one last time before he completely fades away. "No! Sensei!"

"The connection is still young...I need to end it as soon as possible," Hiromi looks directly at Urana.

Suddenly Urana could move and she starts to run towards the woman. Not sure of what else to do.

"Hopefully it won't hurt much," Hiromi looks apologetic as she raises her hands and a white glow takes over the black landscape.

"Wait! Who are you?!" Urana calls out but gets caught up in the white glow. She covers her face, not sure if it would hurt her.

--

"Earth to Urana..?" Owen waves a hand in front of her face. Urana blinks, her head on the desk. She looks up at Owen, fixing her glasses. "Oh, I thought you were asleep."

"No..." Urana shakes her head, picking up her bag from the side of her desk and gets up as she swings it over her shoulder. "Just resting my eyes...I got no sleep last night."

"You know, in the house, we just sleepover in Brenton's room when we can't sleep," Owen suggests. "Try it sometime, it might help for all you know."

"Will do...do you do it?" Urana questions as they walk out of the classroom to go to their next one.

"Yeah...Alex and Sasha too," Owen nods his head. "In fact, Brenton tells us to come over if he can't sleep either. Since he's used to sleeping with people around him."

"Oh okay," Urana was so used to being an only child that she forgot she has other people living in the same household. "Maybe it's what I need."

"Yeah, and don't tell Brenton this, but he's actually really great to talk to. So don't hesitate to talk to him...it really helps," Owen looks over at Urana with worry in his eyes.

"I won't," Urana promises. "And don't worry so much okay? I told you I just want to be distracted...not talk about it."

"It's not healthy you know," Owen stops at a classroom. Urana's is right next door. "You can't bottle up your feeling...says you. Take some of your own advice. I'm here." With one last look at Urana, Owen goes into his classroom. Both of them wearing glasses today.

Urana frowns before going into her own classroom. She slumps into her seat, knowing well enough that she shouldn't just keep distracting herself.

But she didn't want to burden the others.