I'm A Terrible Mage (Chapter 17)

The weekend came and Sasha nearly falls out of her seat when Ku tells them about what happened.

"How dare he?!" Amy clenches her fists. "He destroyed it for no reason!"

"That's why he did it. To get everyone angry," Sasha takes a deep breath. "This is his way of declaring himself as a villain. Straight up, that's what he's saying."

"Could someone please explain why the garden is of so much value?" Urana questions.

"Not to be offensive or anything," Owen quickly adds in.

"Not at all," Amy shakes her head. "General Katso's death is what led to the end of the Vampire War. There was a brief period of peace in between from what I remember."

"Which is barely anything," Sasha grins. "Just like me. All I know is that the end of that war caused the start of the War of Races. Because ya know, hardly any resources left, mages wanted them for their race and blah blah blah."

"You both failed history class," Ku sighs. "A group of mages decided to resist the war and end it. They succeeded in their efforts. So in order to keep the resources plentiful between everyone, the Elemental Masters and Masters of that time created the Garden of Races."

"Oh I know this!" Amy jumps in. "The Powers family was voted to take care of the garden afterwards. So it's been in Sensei's family ever since."

"I was supposed to take care of it but I was a fool to think that I could," Ku sits down onto the sofa in the treehouse room. "I failed epically. Vada should have been the one to take care of it. She would not have hesitated to hurt Ubel instead of idiotically putting up shields."

"You're just a nice mage," Sasha shrugs. "You can't blame yourself for that. Besides, what exactly is the history between you and Ubel?"

"Oh. Oh we're opening that box," Amy looks at Ku. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"No, maybe I should open that box," Ku takes a deep breath. "Long story short, Ubel was my classmate and since I worked harder than his lazy ass I got everything he wanted. Now he hates me because of that. Have no clue why it is to the point of him wanting to kill me, but who am I to judge?"

The most shocking this was that Ku used the word 'ass' and then the shock for everything else comes afterwards.

"That literally was the bare minimum," Amy raises an eyebrow.

"I opened the box," Ku shrugs.

"It was just a little creak!" Amy throws her arms into the air.

"I do not want them to see just how terrible of a mage I am," Ku covers her face with his hands, his staff sitting right next to him.

"Nothing you say could change how you act now," Ava speaks up. "Whatever you did back then is what happened back then. Right now, you're a kind and wonderful mage who raised so many mages and care for them."

"Yeah! Sensei, you're the best mage in the universe! You aren't as bad as you make yourself seem to be," Alex bobs his head. "Because if you're a terrible mage, then what does that make us?"

Ku smiles, but wipes it right off. Ubel turning may as well have been because Ku killed someone he cared about.

"Say what you will, you can't change the fact that right now, you're a great mage," Sasha agrees.

"Not to mention that you raised Coach and her siblings along with taking us in and being here for us," Brenton adds in.

"Yeah, you have no reason to think that we'll think any less of you," Owen nods his head.