Minds Colliding (Chapter 29)

"Choicemaker! Can I talk to you for a moment? I have another mission for you," Destin flashes an apologetic smile at Hiro.

"Sure, is it another hole?" Hiro questions, walking with Destin.

"Well, not really. You're gonna hang out with the Lady of Magic today," Destin grins.

"Woah! Really?" Hiro's eyes light up. "That's so cool! I can't wait! When do I get to meet her?"

"How about right now?" Destin opens the door to the meeting room where he first met Ku. Standing right before the table is none other than VioletScale.

She turns her head, gracing the two of them with her presence. Brianiz pops her head from behind VioletScale and gives them a smile.

"You must Choicemaker, I am VioletScale. It is nice to meet you," Victoria sticks out her hand and Hiro shakes it.

"It's nice to meet you too," Hiro smiles broadly. He couldn't believe he's actually meeting the Lady of Magic. First the Prince and now the Lady? Things were becoming great for Hiro.

"As I understand it, you'll be joining me in a mission. We're going to be trying to find Ubel's location, otherwise known as, the Duke of Magic," Victoria briefs him on the Order.

"Oh a locating Or-I mean mission. That's cool!" Hiro coughs, covering up his little slip of a non-professional word.

"Well, we will leave in less than a few clicks, you better hurry," Victoria informs him and Hiro hastily runs towards the changing room.

He runs back in a few minutes later, his outfit cleaned from his training and somewhat out of breath but hiding it. Victoria couldn't shake off the feeling that Hiro gave off familiar vibes.

"I will be sure to return Choicemaker safe and sound along with being in one piece," Victoria promises.

"Yeah, we can't have either of you dying," Destin grins. "Hi-Choicemaker, you know how to call if you all need backup."

"And don't hesitate to call us if you do! We're right here," Brianiz adds in.

"You two really don't change do you?" Victoria chuckles. "Relax, between the two of us, I'm sure we'll be fine."

Hiro nods his head, going into full on fanboy mode and trying his best not to stare in awe at VioletScale.

"See? Choicemaker agrees. It's all good," Victoria waves her hand dismissively. "Come along now Choicemaker, it's time to deal with the Duke."

Hiro happily follows Victoria out of the room, over the moon that he could meet the Lady of Magic and go on a mission with the esteemed Lady.

They make their way towards the only entrance they know into Bad Central. Victoria places a hood over her head, walking along the hallway. Hiro follows, feeling his pulse quicken.

"I know it's a little too late to ask this but are you okay with coming in here?" Victoria turns her head to ask.

"Yeah...I'm fine with it," Hiro shakes his head, finding himself wanting to prove that he wasn't scared. Not that he was, it's just that the atmosphere reminded him of when him and his mom were constantly moving around. His anxiety sure loves reminding him of that.

What if you get killed? What if you get corned by some criminal and they skin you alive? What if-please stop. I can take care of myself.

"Alright," she says simply and enters into the elaborate city. She takes off, her pace swift as she slithers through the crowds of mages. Hiro is glad he didn't put anything important in the outer pockets because mages were constantly trying to grab something.