We're Done (Chapter 19)

Brenton couldn't talk to Sasha that day. Turns out Owen was just tired and Ava simply ended up cracking jokes and making cringy puns that Owen actually laughed at.

Sasha didn't want anyone to find her. She didn't know herself why she was quiet...why she felt like she didn't want to speak anymore.

I'm overthinking. I'm overthinking. I'm overthinking, Sasha melts into the shadows on the last day of September.

But...I can't force my situation on them. I told them I wouldn't get hurt. I'm okay. Yeah, I'm okay, for some reason she did most of her talking in her mind now. Cari needs that from me. I'm responsible for her being happy, I'm her girlfriend.

"Sasha!" Brenton calls out, looking around the house for the darkness mage. "Is everything okay? You keep on avoiding everyone..."

Don't. You can't talk to him. You always talk to him about your feelings. Don't. Sasha finds herself thinking.

"And...you're hardly ever home," Brenton adds softly. Unaware of Sasha hiding in his shadow. She could see all sorts of fears and memories in his shadow, furthering Sasha to not speak. "C'mon Sasha..."

Sasha didn't want to impose her predicament on him. Not again. Her phone rings in her room and she goes over to pick it up.

"Hello?" Sasha questions quietly, not wanting anyone to really hear her.

"Sasha! You won't believe what just happened! I landed a job with Macy's for modeling!" Cari's excited voice comes through the phone.

"That's great Cari!" Sasha feels genuinely happy for her girlfriend.

"And like-" Cari continues into a rant. Just like all the times they meet up and talk. Sasha silently nods her head, listening.

"My show is tomorrow at noon. You're coming," Cari informs Sasha.

"Cari, I have a-" Sasha's cut off by Cari continuing her conversation. Sasha sulks into the corner of her room, half-sinking into her shadow.

Sasha looks out of the corner of her eye to see Brenton letting out a quick smile. Sasha lets out a quick smile back then focuses back on Cari.

Why can't I say what I want...? Oh right. I promised to give her attention didn't I? Sasha zones out. She zones back in, panicking that maybe Cari noticed.

But she didn't.

The satellite burns bright and Sasha reads the silent message from it.

We're here. We're here for you.

---

Urana finally feels better. The woman still appeared but she could only see memories now. Which is great.

When I talk to her, that's when I get tired. But if it's just memories...I just go to sleep, Urana concludes over the two months of data she has to go off of.

October is looking great. Basketball is going to start soon and Urana is more than ecstatic for it. She sighs happily as she shuts her locker door. Swimming is also starting and the feeling of the water brings her back to life every time.

Urana could see Cari and Sasha kissing in the corner of her eye. Urana looks away only to hear their conversation loud and clear.

"Didn't I do great at the show? I'm amazing! You're so lucky to have a girlfriend like me," Cari exclaims.

"That's great Cari. But I-" Sasha gets interrupted by Cari kissing Sasha again.

"Sorry babe, I'd tell you more about backstage, but I gotta go. Time to do what I do best!" Cari winks at Sasha before running off. Urana turns back around to look at Sasha. It wasn't the first time something like this happened.