Our Family Did What Now? (Chapter 33)

Hiromi and Ku happily walk into the giant library of the Magic Council. Hiro sometimes with his mom or with his dad but eventually ended up in the middle.

"So, since I never managed to teach you anything, today is the perfect opportunity to teach you everything!" Hiromi smiles.

"Yes, and maybe you might find some pointers on how to become powerful but not fall into the trap of power," Ku puts away his phone, receiving a message from Red that they arrived at the water elves home.

"I sure would like to know," Hiro pushes up his glasses with his knuckles. They look smudged to him so he takes them off and cleans them again.

"I'm going to start with my family," Hiromi clears her throat. "I come from a family of rouge heroes. We're actually a pretty cool family if you like action and adventure. The Yanogi are known for have brute force and strength but of course, everyone is different."

"Hiromi Yanogi, it is a nice name," Ku comments.

"Also, I've inherited the only Family Relic the Yanogis have," Hiromi couldn't help but boast a little. She points to the shaved part of her hair that has patterns cut into it.

"...Oka-san, all I see are the patterns shaved into your hair," Hiro raises an eyebrow, confused.

"Those patterns are actually the magic spell to use the Family Relic," Hiromi explains. "I can use it to temporarily, and safely, enhance my magic but it takes a while for it to charge up. So I can only use it once a year or so."

"Are you saying that I can use that?" Hiro's eyes light up.

"Well no, not yet anyway," Hiromi shakes her head, sitting down on one of the soft couches, Ku next to her and Hiro across from them. "Don't worry, I'll pass it down to you when the time is right."

"Darn," Hiro smiles. "You mentioned something about powerful spells that your family is known for using. I know a few of them from what you've told me."

"Oh yes, but you already know them," Hiromi waves her hand dismissively. "Just know that where there's a Yanogi, there's a Powers. Our families have always done things together."

"That is very true," Ku agrees. "The Powers and Yanogi do a lot of work together. If we look through the history texts you will see that both families are always present at historical moments and sometimes on the front lines as well."

"So what happened to our entire family? When I read the books, there's so many of us but now there's only us?" Hiro questions.

"You see Hiro..." Hiromi starts. "Our families have always been wanted for many things. Whether to help out or to be dead, we've gotten a lot of enemies as well as friends."

"So our families started to have children in secret so that no one knew about them. Which led to having only one or two kids," Ku recalls what his parents told him. "That is why I have no cousins but only a sister."

"And that's why I only have myself," Hiromi adds in. "Being an only child isn't a bad thing but I do wish you had siblings."

"I've got the Hlynkas, Amy, and the teens somewhat, now," Hiro smiles and his parents smile back. "I'm not alone, I've got them and honestly, I really like that."

"I am so happy that you managed to find your family Hiro," Hiromi reaches over and holds her son's hand. "I was worried you'd be alone for the time I was gone."

"My oto-san was right under my nose," Hiro glances over at Ku. "And why the heck would you tell me to protect the Prince of Magic oka-san? He does all the protecting!"