Monday Morning SUCKS (Chapter 13)

"Wake up everyone!" Ku knocks on all the doors. Owen and Urana come out of their rooms first, both narrow their eyes at each other. Then they break into a run to reach the bathroom.

"Haha! Beat you both!" Alex sticks his tongue out at them before closing the door just as they both reach the door.

"Alex!" They both knock on the door. All they can hear is him laughing. Brenton yawns, stretching his arms out and Sasha dodges his arms.

"Look where you're stretching," Sasha mumbles sleepily, stretching out her legs.

"Sorry," Brenton grumbles. "How was your date yesterday? You came back late."

"Huh? Oh yeah, it was fun," Sasha answers, scratching her head. "Zodiac Cove is so pretty during the night."

"Yeah, popular place for dates here," Brenton rubs his eyes. "Ugh, Monday's suck."

"They really do," Sasha leans against Brenton. "Like who wants to go to school?"

--

Clearly no one did. The teens reach school and everyone looks just as dead as they did. Well everyone except for the popular kids-Sasha included.

She runs off to join Cari and the group of equally make-up covered girls. Cari intertwines her fingers with Sasha who rolls with it.

Brenton grumbles something about being careful before following his friends inside. Amy is inside and looks just as dead as the students, a cup of coffee in her hand.

"I swear today is not the day," Amy yawns, covering her mouth with her free hand. She waves off students to their classes. "Where's Sasha?"

"She went to be with her girlfriend," Alex grins.

"Better make sure no PDA is happening Ms. Burns," Ava grins too.

"Haha, very funny," Amy takes a huge gulp of coffee and checks a message on her phone. A smile instantly lights up her features and the teens look confused.

"Bet it's Jamil," Urana nudges Owen.

"Like I care," Owen rolls his eyes. "Jamil's the older one anyway. He can take care of himself if he really needs to."

Urana finds it even more difficult to be distracted by the aching pain in her heart. High school didn't mean parents came to drop off their kids, but those who did...

Well, Urana feels the heart ache soar. The one thing she always treasured the most just ripped away from her.

Parents' love, Urana looks at Alex and Owen. I'm lucky that I got to experience it. I should be glad I had it while I did...others didn't even get a chance to experience it.

Sasha and Cari walking together snaps Urana out of her thoughts. She curiously looks at Brenton who's already walking towards his class.

Cari pecks Sasha's cheek and winks before going into her class. Urana looks to see that Brenton didn't see it. Sasha, despite being kissed in the cheek, didn't blush and walks away.

Literally it's only been one date Urana, Urana stops herself from over thinking. Alex and Ava already left too.

"C'mon, we've got class to go to," Owen starts to walk with his hood on. Urana half-wished he wouldn't hide his face in school.

--

Ku steps into the room where Brianiz is standing, overlooking something on a hologram. In contrast to her robes the other day, Brianiz is wearing a robe of magenta and almond bronze, the typical color for World Leaders.