How I Met You (Chapter 14)

Urana refuses to look at Owen for the rest of the night. They reach Ku's house and take off their shoes at the entrance.

I'm just going crazy. I need to stop, Urana forced it into her brain. She goes up the stairs, hoping she wasn't ignoring him.

Just the person I was looking for! Urana looks relieved at the sight of Brenton walking in his pajamas.

The hallway is empty, with the door open and only Brenton to be seen. She walks towards her twin with a finally relaxed composure.

"Hey, can I get a hug?" Urana asks, still wearing her sweaty, practice clothes.

"Of course sis," Brenton comes over and gives her a big hug. Urana could feel everything melt away. "Are you okay?" His warmth always made everything feel better. His bright flame would always be there to comfort everyone. That reminder makes Urana relax more.

"Fine...I just want to be distracted by it," Urana answers in a low voice.

"As much as I want to respect your choice, it's not a good one," Brenton sighs. "Urana, you know it's bad to bottle up your feelings. Whether it comes out now or later, it's going to be bad. Bottling it up is just asking for something worse. You know this Urana."

"But it's just me being a burden to you all," Urana feels Brenton grab her shoulders.

"Look at me Urana," Urana looks at Brenton, who's flooded with concern. "You aren't being a burden to anyone. We'd be terrible friends if we made you feel that way...we want you to talk to us about whatever's going on. We're here for you Urana, just like you were here for us."

Urana's heart swells with sibling love for her older brother. A smile forms on her face and Brenton looks confused.

"Did I say something wrong? Oh gosh, it's my grammar isn't it?" Brenton thinks back to what he just said, sheepishly scratching the back of his neck. "Darn, I really should practice that..."

"No no," Urana shakes her head. She hugs Brenton again and he hugs back. "Thank you...I needed to hear that."

Suddenly, Urana feels Brenton disappearing. She looks around, the scenery changing completely. Brenton and his warmth is no longer there. A cold breeze makes Urana shiver.

"Brenton?!" Urana calls out but she couldn't hear any response. Now she's surrounded by tall, black walls. Nothing like what the hallway of Ku's house looks like.

Urana looks around to see the ancient building. It looks like it's straight out of a history book. She looks back down to see Ku, well, Gold Staff, standing at one end of the building.

At the other side is a hero Urana didn't recognize. The hero has a similar style like Gold Staff but it's more gold than his.

How do I know if that's a hero?

They run towards each other and Urana moves back, realizing she's in the cross fire. Sharp wind moves her hair back as she covers her face with her arms.

Urana blinks, looking over to see that they're both holding a weapon to each other's throats. Gold Staff with his staff and the other hero with a gold pike.

Not a hero!

Gold Staff seems to recognize the hero outfit and backs off. He rubs his neck as he takes off his mask. Urana couldn't help but gasp at how young Ku looks.

Okay wow Urana, that's kinda rude. Really rude. Sensei wasn't always as old as he is now.

Here, he's a young adult with the same warm, mud brown eyes and dark hair. But not a huge beard, just a small one that barely leave his face. His beard is attached with his mustache.