Bad For You // Jack Avery

* lowkey my only readers are dxnielswdw and valen_guti but i really like writing these. this one is short btw not like my normal novels. and theres a picture of Jack too if you swipe heheh**

"Kaylee why are there bruises on you?" Ms. White asks me for the third time.

I say nothing.

"Fine," she says. She turns to the wall and picks up the school phone and presses some buttons. "Yes, please send them," she says into the phone in a low tone. She turns back around and faces me, "I didn't want to do it this way Kaylee."

"You didn't have to," I say as four boys I know like the back of my hand walk in and sit down in the chairs around the conference table. I look at all of them and smile.

Corbyn looks at me and mouths, 'sorry'. I have no idea what he would be saying sorry about.

"I'm going to cut to the chase boys, Kaylee has bruises on her body, and I want to know why. She's been hiding them for a while, but some freshman in her gym said something."

All the boys look at each other, Jonah and Zach's go wide while Corbyn and Daniel sink into their seats.

"So, do any of you know how she got them?" she asks looking them down.

"No," Zach says.

"I have no idea how," Jonah says.

Mrs. White stares at Corbyn and Daniel, "do you know?" she asks sitting down.

They look at each other, Daniel shrugs. "I do," Corbyn says.

"How Corbyn?" she asks.

He swallows and looks down at his hands. "Jack," he says in a whisper. Jonah and Zach look at me.

Zach's mad. Really mad. He gets up and walks over to me, "where?" he asks his voice deep.

I don't say anything.

"Kaylee show me where," he says louder. I stand up and slowly lift my shirt up and show him the bruises on my stomach. I lift my shirt over my head and show him the rest. I turn around and show him the ones on my back. He sucks in a stiff breath.

"Anymore?" he asks his voice breaking.

I sigh and undo my pants and slide them off. I turn around and show him the ones on my legs.

"How? When? Why?" he asked a tear falling from his eye.

I grab my clothes and put them back one and take a deep breath, "his dad got laid off and got mad and then he started beating on Jack and yelling at him." I take a breath, "when he came over, he was buzzed, so I drank with him. He explained what happened. He wanted to have sex and I didn't. He got mad and started hitting me, once he noticed was doing, he stopped and started bawling. I didn't say anything because I know that's not who Jack is." I take a seat in the chair I was in. Zach didn't look okay he looked mad, really mad.

"Is this all we're here for?" Jonah asks.

"Actually, I need to talk to you guys," she said motioning towards the boys. "Kaylee you can leave."

"Yup," I say as I put my earbuds in my ears. I grab my bag and walk out. As soon as the door closes, I get a text from Corbyn.

Corbone😎: just listen, mute yourself.

He calls me, I answer. He sets his phone on the table.

"I need you guys to keep Kaylee away from Jack," I hear Mrs. White say as I sit on the bench outside the office.