Prologue

Silverstar watched her Clan. She had just become leader, and her heart still throbbed with grief for Featherstar, who had died a few days before. Her kit, Lightningpaw tussled with his friend Goldpaw in the clearing, and off under he flower bush in the corner of the camp, Frostpaw and Stonepaw sat together. Only Cinderpaw, sitting alone near the apprentice den, looked lonely.

Her deputy, Brightsky, padded up to her. "Silverstar, it's time to-"

She broke off as Silverstar's other kit, Applepaw, raced into the camp. Her pelt was streaked with mud and it was fluffed up, and her eyes were wide and wild. "Silverstar!" She shrieked before collapsing onto the ground.

Silverstar leaped off of the Rock Pile and dashed over to her daughter. All she could think was back when she was Silverfeather and struggling to give birth to her kits; how Applekit had gotten stuck; how Lightningkit was weak for four moons. She saw a cut on Applepaw's neck. She crouched beside her fallen daughter. "Applepaw!"

The silver tabby's eyes fluttered open dazedly. They locked on Silverstar's. "Featherpelt!" Silverstar shrieked. "Cloverpaw!"

Lightningpaw and Goldpaw ran over. Lightningpaw nuzzled his sister. "Get back!" Silverstar snarled. He might make it worse. Lightningpaw stumbled backwards, looking hurt, and Goldpaw licked his ears. Only his golden eyes betrayed how he was feeling. "What happened?" Featherpelt asked. He dropped the bundle of wounds he was carrying. "I don't know!" Silverstar wailed. Her green eyes darkened. What if she dies?

Featherpelt sniffed the wound. "Cloverpaw," he meowed. "I want you to get some wet moss. Quickly."

The light gray she cat nodded and trotted away. "She should be okay," Featherpelt meowed, picking up a small marigold leaf. "Don't worry. Okay, Applepaw,"'he added, blinking down at the slender silver tabby. "This will hurt a little."

He chewed up the leaf until it was a pulp then spat it onto his paw. Cloverpaw came back with the wet moss. "Okay, Cloverpaw, I want you to press the moss to the wound so the blood stops," Featherpelt instructed. "Then you'll do the poultice?" Cloverpaw asked, pressing down on the deep wound with the moss. Featherpelt nodded and Silverstar sat down, vowing not to leave her daughter's side.

She watched as Featherpelt chewed up leaves, mixed them together, and licked them into the wound. She cringed as Applepaw shrieked in pain. Finally she came back to full consciousness and sat up. "What- what happened?"

Her eyes stared at the ground. Lightningpaw rushed forward and licked her ears. "I'm so glad you're okay!" He bubbled. "Lightningpaw, move back!" Silverstar growled. Applepaw was obviously still fragile. How could he go and maybe endanger her life?

"Applepaw, where's Moonpaw?" Goldpaw asked. Applepaw cocked her head. "You asked her to take a walk with you," Goldpaw reminded her. Applepaw thought, then nodded. "Oh yes, now I remember. There..." She gasped, and Silverstar's heart stopped, but she continued. "There was a fox. It leaped out of nowhere and before we could do anything, it had Moonpaw. We fought it, but it killed Moonpaw. I slashed at its neck and it ran. But Moonpaw was already dead. I wanted to warn you, so I ran back."

Cinderpaw, who was Moonpaw's littermate and had crowded around Applepaw, let out a wail of grief. Silverstar turned her head to see Frostpaw pressing up against her. For once, the sisters were getting along. Usually it was Moonpaw who had to keep the peace between them.

Goldpaw shut his eyes, as if willing himself not to believe it, not to believe it was true.

But it was. Moonpaw was... Moonpaw was dead.

Silverstar turned and padded away. She was thinking. Should I give Applepaw her warrior name? Yes, she decided. Applepaw was the right age, and she and Lightningpaw were good at hunting and fighting.

But later, though. Applepaw needed to rest. "Amberclaw, take Raintail and go retrieve Moonpaw's body," she ordered. The two warriors nodded once. "Check if there is still any fox scent, and if to still hanging around chase it away. Where was it, Applepaw?"

"Near the FlowerClan border," Applepaw said. Amberclaw and Raintail nodded again and padded out of camp.

Silverstar stretched and padded over to her daughter again. But why does it feel like I'm missing something?

Yay! I got the prologue out early! How'd you like the little insight on Moonpaw's death?

School again tomorrow- ugh. And probably waaaay too much homework so I will try to get some work done on Snowfall. Maybe. Hopefully.

Also, how do you like the cover? ;D it's Sunpaw (of course), Goldleaf, Cinderpaw, and Lightningfeather 💜💜💜

Sunleaf and Cinderfeather forever! :D

Oh, just to let you know, I did change the prophecy a little. You can find it in the end of Chapter Ten on Dreams of Shadows, but here it is anyway.

"A pool of sun will glow and light the Clans from within, and the gold, the cinders, and the lightning shall rise as the apple casts a dark glow on the Clans. The sun will die and the apple shall rule all as the Clans are thrust into an unending darkness."

Which do you like better? :3

Also we really need readers on Elaina's writing contest! I assure you it is VERY simple just look up "_Elaina_" and it's on her profile! Please! I'm beggin ya!

Well anyway, I should probably sign off her ;D

Bye!

~✨🐱✨ Rainfeather ✨🐱✨