Chapter Twenty

Sunpaw hissed and thrashed about, trying to get out of the hold the tom had her in. He laughed. "Stupid rogue. You'll never be good enough for the Clans."

Sunpaw growled. Fight! She tugged herself out of his grip, rolled away, ignoring the stinging of her scratches, and came up on her paws. She leaped up to the tom and scored her claws down his nose. He howled, and lifted a great, hefty paw and slammed it into Sunpaw. The silver tabby went flying, her head pounding.

She screeched as she slammed into a cat. She turned and gulped. Applefoot! She raced away towards the tom.
"You won't get away with that!" Cinderpaw shrieked. She slid under the tom's belly and slashed her claws unforgivingly
onto the soft, sensitive skin. Her claws ripped through skin. The tom shrieked and tried to drop down on her, but Cinderpaw had already scrambled out from underneath.

Sunpaw looked around and spotted a tree. "Cinderpaw!" She called. "Owl! Up the willow!"

'Owl' was a way of fighting they had learned about a quarter-moon ago. They climbed into the trees, then dropped down onto the cats below. Cinderpaw sent Sunpaw a quick nod and turned, leaping nimbly up the tree behind her. The tom cocked his head at her in confusion. Sunpaw hopped up a tree close by.

"Dive!" Sunpaw called, leaping from the tree. Cinderpaw did the same. The tom looked up, his eyes full of horror.
That was his mistake.

Sunpaw and Cinderpaw landed hard on the tom, thrusting their paws onto his back. Sunpaw leapt forward and scratched at his eyes. The tom howled, and bucked wildly to try and get the two apprentices off. "Take that, flea-pelt!" Sunpaw muttered as she sliced his ears.

"Argh!" He growled, rolling over and shaking off Sunpaw and Cinderpaw. He ran off, howling, towards his own territory.
Sunpaw rolled onto her feet and looked around. Just then, she heard a cry. "Stop!"

It was Leafstar. He had Silverstar pinned down, with a claw to her throat. "Nobody move," he snarled. Then he sliced a small hole into Silverstar's throat. Not hard enough to kill, Sunpaw hoped.

He turned and sprang away.
~*~
"All cats old enough to climb Sky Tree gather beneath the Rock Pile for a Clan meeting!"

Sunpaw looked up from the small fish she was sharing with Cinderpaw. It was so little, there was hardly enough for one kit, let alone two apprentices, but it was the biggest thing on the pile.

She got up, wincing as she felt the wounds she had gotten. Featherpelt had bandaged them up for her; luckily, Cloverfur hadn't been able to get to her, as she had been put in charge of Silverstar.

Now, Silverstar sat on the Rock Pile, with large patches of silver cobwebs marring her pelt. Sunpaw and Cinderpaw padded over, taking a seat between Rosefoot and Moonpaw, the former of whom smiled at her. Silverstar stood shakily; Sunpaw could see that she wasn't completely healed yet.

"Today, we were attacked by FlowerClan, and HollyClan. Although all cats fought valiantly, there was two cats I saw fighting particularly well and bravely. Cinderpaw, Frostpaw, step forward."

Cinderpaw's eyes widened in shock, and her mouth fell open. Across the clearing, next to Stonewhisker, Frostpaw had the same reaction. Sunpaw, grinning, nudged Cinderpaw. The small gray tabby stood and padded up to the Rock Pile. Frostpaw followed.

Sunpaw felt extremely happy for her friend. Silverstar looked up at the stars, which were just beginning to come out. "I, Silverstar, leader of CloudClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these two apprentices. They have trained hard to learn the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn. Greenflower, has Cinderpaw proven the traits necessary to becoming a warrior?"

"She has," Greenflower meowed. Her voice bursted with pride. "And Applefoot. Peonystorm. Has Frostpaw proven the necessary traits to becoming a warrior?"

At the same time, Applefoot and Peonystorm replied, "She has." Sunpaw growled at Applefoot. She hadn't been Frostpaw's mentor for long; why should she get a say in what happened to her?

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you two your warrior names. Frostpaw, from this moment onward, you will be known as Frostcloud. StarClan honors your intelligence and speed, and we welcome you as a full member of CloudClan."
Frostcloud touched noses with Silverstar and stepped back. Cinderpaw looked up at her in apprehension.

"Cinderpaw, you have always been the underdog, due to your size. But today you fought well. From now onward, you will be called Cinderstorm. StarClan honors your perseverance and ability, and we welcome you as a full member of CloudClan."

Cinderstorm touched noses with Silverstar and the Clan cheered, "Cinderstorm! Frostcloud! Cinderstorm! Frostcloud!"

Sunpaw smiled and cheered louder than anyone else. She was happy for her friend, and that was all that mattered.

YAAAAY Cinderstorm and Frostcloud are warriors!

I don't have much to say. Sorry for the late update! >.<

Thanks for reading, and please vote and comment! :D

~✨🐱✨ Rainfeather ✨🐱✨