Chapter Fourteen

Moonpaw shrieked, not caring that she might wake someone. "Sunpaw! Sunpaw!! Great StarClan, SUNPAW!!"

She seemed to not be moving. Moonpaw thrust a paw into her side. What in the name of-

Sunpaw gave a gasp, and her body heaved. She sat up, and Moonpaw felt relief flood through her. "Sunpaw! Are you alright?! What happened?" She asked frantically. Sunpaw looked around. "What- where are we?"

Moonpaw sighed. "In the forest. Come on, we have to get you back to camp. What happened?! What's that you've got?"

Sunpaw glanced down at a bundle of leaves at her paws. Her eyes widened and she grabbed them. "N-Nothing. Listen, Moonpaw, please, don't mention this to anyone. Forget about it. Keep it between you and me. Whatever. Just don't tell anyone. Not even Gingerpaw or Snowblaze."

Moonpaw blinked. "Why can't I?"

"Because... I can't tell you. But just remember this- if you want to survive, then you won't tell anyone I was missing. I wasn't gone too long, right?"

"No, just tonight."

"Good."

~*~

Sunpaw trotted back to camp with Moonpaw just as the sky grew lighter. The apprentice chatted, but she zoned her out, trying to find a way to make everyone ignore her cobweb bandages. She decided to say she'd gotten a few scrapes overnight while on a walk and that Featherpelt had bandaged her up.

That was another thing- her medicine cat. She knew she would have to stay out of the way of Cloverfur, since she had just tried to kill her. She couldn't believe that Cloverfur, a medicine cat, would dare train in the Dark Forest. She wished she could expose her, but she was smart enough to know that Silverstar would want to know how she knew that Cloverfur was an elite member of the Dark Forest.

No, she was just going to have to live with her.

"Is anyone on watch?" She asked Moonpaw, cutting her off in one of her sentences. Moonpaw nodded. "Okay, we'll have to go this way," Sunpaw said. She lead Moonpaw around the way that she and Lightingfeather had gone the day they had tried to visit Cinderpaw. It seemed so long ago, now.

"Get to bed," Sunpaw said. "I'll be in in a second. I just have to, uh, make dirt."

Moonpaw nodded and headed into the apprentice den. Taking a deep breath, Sunpaw slipped into the medicine den.

I hope I don't wake anyone, she thought as she looked around. The medicine cats slept in a seperate room than the sick or injured cats, which should make what Sunpaw was about to do a lot easier. 

Sunpaw looked around carefully. She spotted Cinderpaw's nest and crept over. Even in the bad lighting, Sunpaw could see that Cinderpaw was on the verge of death. Anger washed through her as she remembered Cloverfur saying that she was poisoning her. Some day, she would get her. Some day, she would kill her. But first, she needed to heal Cinderpaw.

Sunpaw swallowed and poked Cinderpaw in the shoulder. She didn't move.

Sunpaw poked her harder. Cinderpaw still didn't move. Sunpaw began to feel panicked, and pressed her ear to Cinderpaw's chest. The heartbeat was there, but incredibly faint.

Cinderpaw was on the door of death.

Sunpaw gasped. She wasn't a trained medicine cat, but it sounded like Cinderpaw would die any moment. She didn't care that she might be infected by the sick fumes coming up from Cinderpaw and Frostpaw. Her mind was racing. Could she wake Featherpelt? No, she might not have time, and she might make Cloverfur.

She would have to do it herself.

Trembling, she pushed Cinderpaw's mouth open. The inside of her mouth was a sickly, pale white and her breath stank. Sunpaw gagged, but turned and unwrapped the herb package and began to chew up the leaves like she had seen Featherpelt do when a cat needed herbs put on wounds.

She spat the pulp onto her paw, then shook it onto a broad leaf that was bright red, and had been used to hold the Starlake Herb. Praying, she folded it up and pushed it into Cinderpaw's mouth.

She waited tensely, then decided to give some to Frostpaw to, as she had a little left over. She repeated what she had done to Cinderpaw.

As soon as she sent the leaf down Frostpaw's throat, she heard a cough. She whipped around, hoping that Cinderpaw wasn't dead.

Quite the contrary: Cinderpaw was blinking at her with milky eyes. "Whashappenin'?" She asked, her voice slurred.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! CINDERPAW IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):)

Expect another update soon, maybe today. I had a half day and pretty much no homework, so I decided to update! :D

I hope you all liked the chapter! And to answer questions, there will be a super edition. Maybe another series. But definitely a super edition. Well, there will be a short story thing on my profile after this is finished, so you can all look at that so you have a little information before the super edition. It will most likely be called "Mistfall's Destiny", although it may change.

Please vote or comment, or both! :D

~✨🐱✨Rainfeather✨🐱✨