Chapter Twenty-Seven

Sunpaw drifted off to her den a little later, her stomach- as always -empty. She curled up in her nest and tried to avoid thoughts of Silverstar and what her being dead would mean for the Clan. Alas, the thoughts would not keep out of her head.

Sunpaw wasn't a warrior yet, so there was still a chance that the prophecy would be fulfilled. She had come to terms with the fact that she must be the sun in the prophecy. Although the idea, well, sucked, she knew she had to live with it.

Since Applefoot was soon going to become Applestar, she might name her Sunpool. In fact, if Applefoot knew the prophecy, then she would definitely name her Sunpool. She wanted Goldleaf, but she didn't know why. She was mates with Mint already.

Maybe she wanted someone to cover for her so she could have kits without anyone suspecting she was disloyal, Sunpaw thought drowsily. It was a possibility. Sunpaw really couldn't decide until she knew Applefoot's true motives.

And Goldleaf. What was the deal with him? Her earlier feelings were fading slightly. Which side was he on? Why were there sides for anything? What was going to happen?

Sighing, Sunpaw closed her eyes, trying to slow her breathing to that of Gingerpaw and Moonpaw's. Not very quickly, her thoughts shut down and she drifted into sleep.

~*~

Sunpaw opened her eyes in the forest of StarClan. Doveheart, Frost, Raintail, and Lilycloud were all there. "Ah, Sunpaw. You've arrived," Lilycloud meowed, standing. Frost purred, but Sunpaw turned her head and addressed Lilycloud directly. She couldn't miss the hurt look on Frost's face, however.

"What's going on?"

"Sunpaw, the blizzard," Raintail meowed anxiously. "It's going to destroy. The snow will destroy."

Sunpaw blinked in surprise. "What? What'll it destroy?"

Raintail shook his head. "The Clan. Snow will bring danger to the Clan," he added, quoting Doveheart all those moons ago.

Doveheart got upand stood urgently in front of Sunpaw. "Listen, Sunpaw," she mewed. "You have to use your power to save the Clan. You have to."

"How, though?" Sunpaw asked. "All I can do is breathe underwater. How will that help me save the Clan? What do I even have to do?"

"You have more than that," Lilycloud promised, her voice a soft whisper. Sunpaw looked up to see the four StarClan cats fading. She watched helplessly as Lilycloud meowed. "Your willpower can overcome any prophecy..."

And then they were gone.

Sunpaw's thoughts raced, her paws prickling. My willpower can overcome any prophecy? Then she thought of the prophecy she had heard all those moons ago on her apprentice ceremony- The pool of sun will die. 

Then everthing clicked.

Lilycloud had said that her willpower could overcome any prophecy. If she was the 'pool of sun' who was to die (and she had to be, there was no other 'pools of sun' she knew of), then she would have to stop that. She had a power.

It seemed like a kit's dream, trying to override a prophecy. But Lilycloud was probably one of the most serious cats Sunpaw knew, and she wouldn't lie to her.

So Sunpaw didn't have to die.

Not if she kept herself from doing it.

Eww. Gross chapter. And super short.

I've not been doing very good at updating my books lately. But I'm trying. Right now I'm sick and I feel... well, I feel like the shizzliest shizzle that ever walked this earth.

Which is to say, icky.

But. Christmas break is coming up, which means I have loads of free time. So I'm gonna try for...

Dun duh duh duh!

An update every. Day.

Crazy?

OR CAN WE DO IT?

Maybe some days two updates...

I want this book finished by the end of Christmas break! Then we're gonna begin Dusk!

All right! Bai! I'll try to update again, later.

~Rainfeather