Chapter Four

Sunpaw stumbled back from the pool. Doveheart brushed her tail along her flank, but she shook it off. She stared at the three StarClan warriors, her eyes wide. Raintail padded forward slowly. "You know what you have to do."

Sunpaw's mind whirled. Raintail stared at her intently. "Yes," she meowed quietly.

She had to kill Applefoot.

Doveheart looked at her, urgency showing in her brilliant green eyes. "Listen, Sunpaw. You may not tell any cat about us. Any cat at all."

"Not even Goldleaf or Lightningfeather or Cinderpaw?"

Raintail stiffened. "No, not anyone."

"Why?" Sunpaw shrieked.

But when she opened her eyes she was in the apprentice den. Moonpaw and Gingerpaw were curled up together, their backs brushing as they breathed evenly. It was pitch black and Sunpaw cursed herself for not waking earlier. Applefoot's only going to get worse if I sleep every day away!

She pushed herself out of her nest and sighed. Maybe she should do some training to make up for it. She was fully energized now after her long sleep, so she crept out of the apprentice den.

As soon as she got out, she looked around. The medicine den was filled with hacking coughs and ragged breathing. Sunpaw remembered something she had heard from someone- Catmint is the only herb to heal Greencough. Maybe she should get some. Tansy too, she decided. That was something her mother had taught her.

Her mother. Frost.

Frost was dead.

Surprisingly, Sunpaw felt no sadness wash over her. Just a burning desire for revenge. Frost wasn't her mother, she wouldn't ever be accepted as it either. But Applefoot couldn't get away with killing a cat. Even though she, Sunpaw, knew she would have to do it too.

For the first time, Sunpaw thought back to the prophecy she had heard a moon and a half ago. A pool of sun will glow and light the Clans from within, and the gold, the cinders, and the lightning shall rise as the apple casts a dark glow on the Clans. The sun will die and the apple shall rule all as the Clans are thrust into an unending darkness.

What could it be about? She thought about it for a minute before retreating to the cover of the flowering bush, which was beginning to loose its bloom. Obviously, the apple had to be Applefoot. She was surprised about how calm she felt, especially since the prophecy implied that the apple would kill the sun.

Now, who was the sun?

Obviously, the first thought that jumped to mind was her, Sunpaw. But how could she thought of as a 'pool of sun'? If anything, she was a paw of sun. She didn't have her warrior name yet. So she ruled herself out as a possible candidate and brainstormed more ideas.

The next- and only - thing that came to mind was the real sun, the one in the sky for which she had been named. But how could Applefoot get up there? It was all the way in the sky, untouchable, farther away than the moon. But even if Applefoot did find some way to get to the sun, and did kill it, then everything would die. Sunpaw knew this. The plants, animals, and even Twolegs would die until there was nothing left.

But she couldn't let that happen.

Hello! Seems like a better update schedule thing I guess now. I don't know. Especially since I have social studies AND science homework to do 😲 and my math took me an hour 😑.

Let's HOPE that this mysterious Apple (lol) doesn't go and steal the sun... That would not be good for anyone.

Wish me luck! I must continue delving into my homework 😡.

Bye!

~ ✨🐱✨ Rainfeather ✨🐱✨