Chapter Seven

Sunpaw tore through the forest, weaving frantically around the trees. Brambles snaked out and tore at her legs, but still she crashed through. She heard heated breathing behind her, and dimly realized that it was the second time she was being chased in two days. "Leave her!" She heard Lionscar shout. But she didn't stop running, even after she heard the cracks of brambles behind her die down.

She slowed to a trot, padding through the forest she was now familiar with. The thoug depressed her. "Where am I?" She wondered aloud. She stopped, and turned. I think Lionscar took me that way, she thought. So I have to go this way.

She turned in the direction she had decided upon and walked. But soon, she realized that she was going the wrong way. She turned around, ready to go back to where she had started and go another direction.

But the way back was unclear, every route swallowed by mist.

Sunpaw fought against the panic that threatened to take her over. Okay, okay, relax, Sunpaw, it's okay. It's okay! Come on, you'll be fine. Just-

Her thoughts were interrupted by a crackling twig. She spun around.

There was Cloverfur.

"Sunpaw?" Cloverfur mewed in surprise. Sunpaw stared at the gray medicine cat. What was she doing here, in the place of evil, in the place of secrets and lies and the very opposite of StarClan? Then she remembered that Cloverfur was in league with Applefoot. That she was poisoning Cinderpaw. Blood roared in her ears, anger washing through her. "I can see why you're here," she snarled. "A medicine cat, supposed to heal their Clan. No, no, tis medicine cat decided to poison the cats who needed her. Cinderpaw! She could die? Don't you realize? You evil, despicible, she... She... She-BEAR!"

Cloverfur fired up. "And how would you know that? Spying, I suppose? Good thing to tell Applefoot, I think!"

Sunpaw felt a brief prick of panic, but dismissed it. She didn't need to worry. She could beat Applefoot in a fight if she needed to. "Yes, actually. And I know exactly who you've recruited. And I could go to Silverstar right as soon as I woke up and tell her!"

Cloverfur sneered at her. "But you won't. Because, Sunpaw, it's night, and we're both stuck here. But I know this forest much better than you, and I know things. I know you just pulled your claw out of Oakpaw's throat. You didn't kill him. I know Lionscar is absolutely furious at you right now. And guess what? I've been going here for a long time. I know all their tricks. Because I was taught by the best, the legendary Hollystar."

Sunpaw's blood heated up. "Hollystar?"

"The original leader of HollyClan. Hollystar was evil, and was killed by all three of the other leaders. But she taught her Clan everything about how to fight well. She's legendary, revered, feared, by every cat in the Clans.

"And I," Cloverfur mewed, smiling sinisterly, "Am going to kill you, Sunpaw. Right here, right now. To impress Hollystar. Who is... Right... Behind... You."

I AM SO SORRY! I AM SO, SO, SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!

I had an awful case of writer's block. It took me talking to @Swift_Jay to get an idea. So she came up with the idea for this chapter ;)

Also, I had homework (of course) and was being very very lazy. Did you know that I have clarinet every other day, but I've already lost my clarinet on the bus once, and forgot it three times??? DX and apparently I need to get my math and science grades up .O. And I have a social studies test tomorrow that is very long apparently. Dang it. I should be studying, I guess... Oh well.

REMINDER:
~ NEXT TIME YOU GO TO THE LIBRARY, GET MAXIMUM RIDE! It's literally the best book ever (besides Warriors!) and I've read all eight books. I'm working on the second time. I never knew I could read three 300 page books in two days :O and my friend is still on the sixth book FOR THE FIRST TIME *facepalm* he got me into it! for StarClan's sake! The first book is "The Angel Experiment", the second is "School's Out- Forever" and the third is "Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports". The author is James Patterson. They're amazing!

Bye!

~ ✨🐱✨ Rainfeather ✨🐱✨