Chapter Six

Sunpaw blinked open her eyes in the Dark Forest. She let out a quiet groan. All she wanted was a few nights away from the place, and yet-

"Well, Sunpaw, long time no see."

Sunpaw recognized the deep meow of Lionscar. She turned behind and wasn't surprised to see that he looked annoyed.

She took a moment to really scrutinize him. His pelt was black as night and muscles rippled underneath his thick fur. His eyes, narrowed in anger, were crystal blue. His paws were huge and strong, and they paws the ground. Sunpaw looked back up. "I've been busy."

He rolled his eyes. "That won't cut it. Come on, we are having a test."

She followed him, glowering. He led her through the forest. Mist trailed around her legs, and her nose twitched at the putrid scent that wafted into her nose. Finally they arrived where they were going. Sunpaw tossed her head and looked up in boredom to face her opponent.

It was Oakpaw.

Sunpaw gazed at the brown tabby tom. Hatred filled his stare as he looked at her. His amber eyes were dull, and his fur was matted. He looked like he hadn't cleaned himself for days. Sunpaw blinked. Why? Was he upset? About her choosing Goldleaf?

"Hello, Sunpaw," He meowed. It was more of a snarl, his voice was filled with malice, anger, and, something Sunpaw could barely detect: hurt.

She forced herself to reply. "Oakpaw."

"No time for catching up! Fight! Now!" A silver tabby tom screeched. Sunpaw looked up in surprise. "I-"

She caught her breath as Oakpaw barreled into her, pinning her easily. She squirmed as he pinned her. She was surprised by his weight. He placed a heavy paw down on her throat, but Sunpaw kicked out with her hind paws. She caught him in the chest, throwing him back. He landed with a thud at the base of a tree.

I can't hurt him! Sunpaw thought wildly as she looked around. "Finish it, Sunpaw!" Lionscar shouted. Luckily, Oakpaw staggered to his paws and charged toward Sunpaw. A sudden rage lit in her stomach. If he was going to fight, she would fight right back.

She sidestepped and then whipped around, then chased him and raked his claws down his flanks. He let out a grunt and rolled. His forepaw jabbed at her head, but she ducked nimbly and his paw swiped at midair. She chased at him until she was standing over him. "This was over quickly, Oakpaw," she hissed.

Oakpaw blinked, and she watched as his eyes slowly filled with something she couldn't quite grasp. "Kill, Sunpaw!" Lionscar screeched savagely. Sunpaw looked back down on him, her paw still poised over him to kill.

She reached down, and, trying not to think about what she was doing, sank her claw into his throat. She looked back down at the tom, trying not to remember how she had felt before.

How she had felt like she might have loved him.

Suddenly, she knew she couldn't do it. She wrenched her claw free from his neck and turned tail, racing back the way she had come.

Oh man I updated sooooo fast XD don't get used to it! My friend was nagging meeeee :(

AHH! SUNPAW HAS RUN! I REPEAT SUNPAW HAS RUN

Bye!

~ ✨🐱✨ Rainfeather ✨🐱✨