Chapter Nineteen

Sunpaw screeched as she landed on the back of a golden brown she cat, ripping into chunks of her thick fur. She aimed well aimed strikes at her head. With a roar, the she cat rolled over, squashing Sunpaw. Sunpaw threw her off and lunged for her belly.

"How dare you attack us?" She hissed, slicing a claw at the she cat's shoulder. She let out a snarl and flipped her over skillfully, pressing her to the ground with her shoulder. Sunpaw struggled, but the she cat did not let up. "It's for the good of all!" She announced.

"What?!" Sunpaw muttered, curling back upon herself and kicking out with strong legs and throwing the she cat off of her. She was sent flying, but rolled over in the air with incredible speed and landed, crouched low, then rushed at Sunpaw. Sunpaw recognized the move the she cat had used as a Dark Forest move.

Sunpaw ducked as the she cat sliced at her, Sunpaw's, head. She missed most of the blow, but the she cat managed to swipe a claw across her ear. She howled as a white hot bolt of pain flooded through her ear, but did not stop fighting. She reared onto her hind legs and brought her paws down hard on the she cat's back. She felt the she cat's back fold in underneath her paws, and smiled to herself.

Using a move she had learned from Skypelt a few days ago, she slipped a paw under the she cat, who was laying still upon the ground, and used the strength in her paws to flip her over. She shrieked, and Sunpaw looked away. Focus. She looked back and snarled.

Sunpaw raked her claws down the she cat's muzzle, drawing blood. The she cat shrieked and stumbled to her paws, then lunged at Sunpaw. Sunpaw sidestepped easily, letting the she cat charge past like a blind badger. She skidded to a halt and whipped around, glaring at Sunpaw in hate.

Sunpaw dropped to the ground as the she cat leaped at her, then, timing it perfectly, leaped into the air as the she cat passed over her head. She twisted so that she was on the she cat's back, grabbed her scruff, and jerked her neck so that she fell like a rock to the ground.

The she cat staggered to her feet, hissed, "This isn't over!" At Sunpaw, and then turned and ran jerkily back to her side of the border. Sunpaw yowled a challenge after her. "That's right! And don't come back, you filthy badger!"

Sunpaw turned around, the pain in her ear dimmed as she reveled in the joy of victory. The clearing was still filled with many fighting cats. However, even though CloudClan had brought back reinforcements, HollyClan and FlowerClan were still winning.

She looked around and saw Cinderpaw fighting a white, gold, and ginger she cat, who was older and stronger than her. Sunpaw charged forward to help, but then stopped as she realized who it was. Blazepaw!

Blazepaw had been an apprentice Sunpaw had met moons before, around when she had first joined CloudClan. She and Sunpaw had met at a few Gatherings, and were somewhat friends.

How could she fight her?

She threw away her doubts. It's for the Clan. You can fight her.

"Hey, Cinderpaw!" Sunpaw meowed as she crouched and snuck around Blazepaw. The golden, ginger, and white she cat whipped around and saw Sunpaw. Her eyes widened. "Yes, Sunpaw?" Cinderpaw asked politely, winking at Sunpaw, and sweeping Blazepaw's legs out from underneath her.

Blazepaw fell on her muzzle with a bump, but jerked upwards, kicking out gracefully but powerfully at Cinderpaw, who ducked too late. Blazepaw's claws scored directly down Cinderpaw's nose.

Cinderpaw shrieked and lunged forward in an act of revenge, clamping her jaws down on Blazepaw's leg. Blazepaw let out a scream as she tried to jerk her leg free, but found it held tight in Cinderpaw's grip. Cinderpaw blinked at Sunpaw as if to say, go on, then.

Sunpaw blinked back and slammed a paw on Blazepaw's head, stunning her. She tried not to remember that this was Blazepaw. Just think it's Oakpaw.

She shocked herself with the thought. Oakpaw? She didn't want to think about him.

Blazepaw moaned, and tipped forward, tearing Sunpaw from her thoughts. Cinderpaw leaned over her, ready to strike, but Sunpaw shook her head. "No, Cinderpaw. She's defeated."

Cinderpaw looked at her quizzically, but nodded. Sunpaw couldn't describe how she felt, but she didn't want to hurt Blazepaw.

Cinderpaw blinked at a tabby tom, who was hovering over Frostpaw. He was much, much bigger. "Him?"

"Definitely," Sunpaw said, managing to, despite the battle, smile at her friend.

Together, they charged forward. "You take left, I'll take right!" Sunpaw called to her friend. Cinderpaw nodded and leaped onto the left shoulder of the tom. Sunpaw rammed into his right side, and bounced off. The tom's shoulders were well muscled and a wall of strength. Sunpaw fell onto the ground hard, and shook her head. She and Cinderpaw got back to their paws and faced the tom.

By now, he had noticed them, and had shifted his attention from Frostpaw to Cinderpaw and Sunpaw. "Go back to the camp," Sunpaw hissed. "And don't trust Cloverfur."

Frostpaw sent her a quizzical look but ran off anyway, leaving Cinderpaw and Sunpaw to deal with the tom.

His fur was brown and scarred. Sunpaw guessd that he was from HollyClan. He leered down at them, revealing jagged yellow teeth. His breath stank. "Well, kitties," he slurred. "Time to play!"

He lumbered forward and swiped his huge, powerful claw at Sunpaw. She ducked, hearing the air whistle over her head, and flicked her tail. Cinderpaw charged forward and leaped into the air, twisted, and slammed a paw, with claws unsheathed, into the side of his face. He let out a roar, spraying flecks of spit all over Sunpaw.

Sunpaw darted around, dodging his paws, as he went for her, leaving Cinderpaw to attack. Then, she leaped forward, bit his paw, and spat out clumps of foul-tasting fur. But then, one of the tom's paws caught her on the tail. Slowly, the big, angry tom reeled her in...

Part one of two :)

Yeah! Yeah! Update! I had no school today, so I updated for you, because I love you all :D and I have to play two square with my brother now, and he is threatning my stuffed lion. :\ Oh well.

The next part of the chapter will be posted soon in the next few days. It'll be awesome! Remember, there will be old foes met. Maybe even dead cats... *nudge nudge wink wink*

Bye! My brother is lying on the floor, monaing because I won't hurry up :\

~Rainfeather (I almost just wrote Fang instead of Rainfeather XDDDDDDD)