17

She started tearing up and cupped my face.

"God, I'm so sorry. I didn't know what to do and you couldn't hear us and you were shaking.. I'm so sorry I made you go in there, I'm so so sorry-"

She was stumbling over her own words until I put my finger on her nose and she stopped.
I felt so tired suddenly. All the tension had left my body and it hurt.

Snow kissed me and carefully picked me up. Mrs Dix was just watching us with a worried expression.
I got set down on the sofa and fell in Snows arms.

"How are you feeling?"

I frowned at the idea of speaking but I tried eventually.

"Tired.."

God, it sounded so weak and rough, it might as well have been breaking.

"Okay, then rest, just rest. .. Rose could you bring some water? And maybe put some noodles on the stove?"

"Of course, I'll take care of it."

She vanished in an instant and came back soon with a big glas of water.
I avoided looking at it.

"You scared me.. I'm really sorry. We should have handled it different. "

"No .. It's fine. You had no idea.."

"..I still don't.. What happened? What was going on?"

"...Panic .. attack.."

"Because ... came here or because you sat in ...?"

"Both."

"This is about that thing, right?"

I shut my eyes, she couldn't stop asking.

"You don't need to tell me... but it would really help, if I knew.. "

"You have no idea. "

"Yeah... do you forgive me?"

"Yes.."

She started caressing my head and kissed my temples.

"Thank you. Now you better rest."

I closed my eyes and tried to relax, but the more I tried, the harder it became.
Snow caught me, when I gave up and opened my eyes again.

" What is it?"

".."

" Katieee, what's up love?"

" I cannot... I'm tired, but I can't relax.."

" Hmm.."

She took out her phone and a few seconds later music started playing.
I bit my lip and my eyes teared up.
It was our song.
It played during our first kiss and Snow liked it so much, she always played it when we had a date or a special occasion.

It brought up so much warm memories, I snuggled closer to her.

"Much better, thank you.."

I kissed her jaw and leaned against her.
That was the first kiss I gave her, after she left me.
Her breath hitching told me, she remembered as well. She let out a happy hum and kissed me back.

I got pretty sleepy during the next few minutes. But Rose brought in lunch for all of us.

"You didn't have to do all of it.. but thank you. "

Snow threw a kiss her way and Rose caught it with a smirk. I turned away and stared at the food, trying to get a feeling for my stomachs opinion on .. getting stuffed with literally anything.

First I got nothing, but then it didn't protest or started doing flips. So I took that as a yes. I felt their eyes glued to me when I picked up my fork and started eating. But soon that tension left and they were cheerfully chatting.

The food wasn't ... that good but Mrs Dix was famous for always letting her wife do the cooking, so I wasn't expecting that much.
..

Afterwards she needed to go home, she still had a job. Snow hugged her and I had the feeling they exchanged some words, but I didn't hear anything.
She pulled me into her arms as well and said something about being there for me and trusting Snow.

" And don't forget to invite me to your wedding, have fun then."

The sexual tone in her voice went from 0 to 100.
I shivered and Snow was by my side to get me inside again fast.

Then Dix was gone.

" Soo I know we just ate but.. I feel like you ow me a dance now."

" And why would that be?"

She dragged me into the living room, pushed some furniture closer to the walls and finally put on our song again.

" Becaause you made me play this.."

One of her hands rested on my thigh, while the other grabbed my hand and started leading me.
I just stared at her glowing face, while I let her decide how we moved.

My legs remembered all the dancing we did, when we were together and just repeated it magically.

We got slower and slower until Snow just held me, like she never wanted to let go again.