three

three

Willie dragged Marcus into the meat locker, shoving him right into the cheap, wooden chair with the bag still on his head, placing his black, ripped backpack on his right side

"Don't look like no psychopath to me." Billy, Saya, and Maria all gathered round as Noah squatted down, her hand resting on the bag, "You don't judge a book by it's cover, Wil."

The green-mohawked boy next to her scoffed, "But you can judge one by it's smell." Billy laughed, earning a notorious eye roll from his best friend Noah.

Said teen quickly ripped the bag off of Marcus' head, tossing the fabric off to the side which allowed time for him to settle his eyes onto her clear skin and dark brown eyes. When she turned around she nearly jumped back at seeing the kid eyeing her so sharp.

She settled and gave him a very, very small smile, "Did Willie treat you alright? He tries to hard at being a badass."

"Fuck you, Noah." He snapped, crossing his hands in front of him as Noah let out a giggle, "Whatever Willie, you know it's true." She backed away from Marcus as he looked around at the four behind her, and earned Maria's full attention, "He's cute."

"Yeah, total "hobo fancy" coverboy material!" Billy shrieked in a feminine voice, that strangely fit his persona, making Noah smirk while crossing her arms over her mission attire- a black tank top with jeans and covers, her mother's large, jean jacket covering her shivering arms.

Willie stepped to the left to allow Noah to scoot in next to him, "What'chu say mad dog? You the psycho that did the boys home massacre?" He stayed silent for a moment before looking up from the ground and settling his eyes on Willie, "Pretty tough barking to a dude tied in a chair."

"Untie this punk-ass bitch!" Willie snipped, motioning for Billy to cut the ties off his wrists.

"Alright," he sighed, "...but my money's on hepatitis harry." Billy mocked while moving towards Marcus who jumped back at the mohawk wearing teen, who whipped open the blade, just inches from his face.

About a second before Billy was going to cut his ties, a voice from behind Noah made the five out of six teenagers immediately straighten up, "Forgive my students..."

Master Lin voiced from the doorway, walking into the room, Noah and Willie parting like the red sea to allow the man to dramatically enter the room.

"- they forget that viciousness serves only to make them look weak." He sent a pointed look to Billy specifically.

When the teens hung their head in shame, Master Lin pointed his cane out to Marcus, "Billy, would you be so kind."

Said teen walked forward, and flashing his knife at the kid for a second time, before slitting the rope off of the teens wrist, and Marcus' hand instantly wrapped around his wrist as he brought it close to his chest.

Master Lin sat down in the chair provided by Saya, and they all backed off to give Master Lin some space- Maria, Billy, and Noah looked at him with curious smirks, while Willie and Saya looked at him with deadly glares, "Marcus... are you satisfied with your life?"

Hearing his name he looked up with his eyes almost blinked closed due to him coming out of his high, which was obvious to Noah because she had seen the look on her friends faces many times this semester.

"Me? Yeah, I eat trash and... sleep in piss..." He looked up with a fake smirk, "Everything according to plan."

"You speak to Master Lin with respect-" Saya lurched towards him, but Willie was quick to hold her back as Marcus leaned close, "Master Lin can eat my shit." He paused too look around the room, his eyes settling on Noah who held a smile on her face, making him instantly suspicious of the girl, "Who the hell are you people?"

"What's important is that we know who you are, Marcus," Master Lin let his mouth turn upward, "... and what you've done."

Noah's smile instantly dropped, knowing that the next words out of Master Lin's mouth would be ones that threw her back to a year ago, "You're a killer. Few value this particular profession, but I do."

"What if I told you there's a home for people like you? A school where you'd be surrounded by your peers?"

Marcus held a look of disgust on his face, "Only what? I dress up like a Viking so you can take tasteful pictures?"

Noah didn't laugh, but her frown turned into a smile at his sassy remark. As if ignoring the teen in front of him Master Lin continued, "I'm offering you a chance to harness that fire inside you. To master the deadly arts."

"The deadly arts, yeah." Marcus stood up and grabbed his backpack that Noah had placed at his feet, "That, uh that sounds great. You know, this all seems really sane and normal, and y'all look like a fun bunch, but, uh whatever this is,"

He paused to look at Noah one last time, his eyes traveling from her clean converse hig-tops, over her large belt buckle, to her chest- before settling on her brown eyes that held a look of mischief in them.

"Later, days." He slammed his shoulder into Willie's as he walked out the door and back into the cool, San Francisco air.

Willie felt around his jacket for a moment, his eyes widened in anger when he mumbled, "That son of a bitch stole my wallet." Willie snapped, but was silenced when Master Lin rose a hand, and looked at Noah, "Tough viciousness won't work, we need kind and sweet, viciousness."

The group looked at Noah, who was playing with her switchblade, swinging it around without a care as to who was watching her, but when she literally, heard the silence, she looked up with her golden brown eyes, "What?"

-