twenty three

twenty three

-

"Can you walk?" Noah asked standing off on the outside of Marcus' door, the boy looking at her with a soft, open mouthed-smile, "Marcus can you try and walk?"

His eyes were severely bloodshot, and she was starting to grow more worried for him, and debated on taking him to the hospital-

but that would result in Master Lin coming to bail them out, and that would mean literal death.

The valet came to the door and opened it for Marcus, as he reached out for Noah. She held onto his arm, but his fingers laced into her's, making her blush as he just stared off at all the unique people that stood outside of the hotel.

Suddenly he fell onto his knees, cringing at his hand while Noah tried to hold up his weight underneath his arms, "Marcus, get the fuck up!" She whispered, when an employee from the hotel walked up.

"He has the flu," Saya smiled at the tall man, helping Marcus backup with Noah, the boy falling into her grip while grabbing her hand once more.

The casino underneath the hotel smelled like body odor and cigarette smoke. The smells that reminded her of her father and brother, who were a long distance away in San Francisco.

Noah smiled at people while they passed, Marcus starting to talk again, "Time was frozen for a million years, I was alone..."

Billy had gone towards the front desk to grab keys, leaving Noah incharge of four, drug-tripping teens. She held Marcus tight while Maria and Saya each held onto an arm of Willies, who was following after Noah like a lost puppy.

"- undying in a world of statues." He stared at a man passing in fright while Noah held back a laugh, "Of course, when time resumed, none of you knew, but I did."

Noah turned to him with a breathy grin, "I saw that "end-of-movie" text. Telling us where we're going to be in the future."

Marcus held onto her every word as they walked through the casino, looking totally out of place, "Billy Bennett finally marries Petra, and he becomes a father with a big, happy family... Marcus, Marcus no-"

The boy had finished listening, falling towards the ground, stretching out his limbs to make an angel on the carpet, "Ahh. I'm not the acid king."

She ripped him up and off the carpet, following after Billy, who had roped in Maria, Saya and Willie, after the tall teen had picked up Billy for reasons unknown to Noah.

They made it to the elevator, where Marcus had started to lean into Noah more, "You smell really, really, r-really great."

"Thank you, Marcus," she laughed as the exited the elevator and down the hall, "- let's get you into bed, and maybe a burger to eat, yeah?"