twenty one

twenty one

-

The teens continued to screw around in the treasured room. Noah continued to listen to her stolen walkman, as Marcus fought with the foam poles with Chico, both boys wearing helmets- until Marcus whacked Chico's head hard enough for his own helmet to come off, Marcus trying to hold back his laugh, "You're waking the wolf, Arguello."

Noah smiled while Chico stanced himself, "Ooh... I'm gonna jack you up."

Before Marcus could say anything- Chico slammed the pole onto Marcus', on both sides before slamming it into his chest.

"You don't look like you're having much fun," Noah started when she leaned herself against the counter next to Saya, while said girl rolled her eyes towards her, "I lose my katana, my life is over."

Marcus huffed sitting close to Noah, "What do you think is going to happen- Lin's pawning it?" He held his hands palms up and shoulder width apart, "It'll turn up."

"How do you know?" Saya snapped.

Marcus threw his hands up from the still position, and clasped his bare hand onto the one with the mit, "Things always work out..." He finished, smiling Noah as she playfully smirked back- curious to the meaning behind his words.

"Vietnam, caner kids, Sonny and Cher- and weren't you homeless?"

Noah tucked her walkman into the back pocket of her jeans, "That's the key word, 'weren't', no longer homeless."

Marcus' smile dropped, "Uh, yeah, it's just something my dad used to say. It's not 100% I guess... It's probably closer to ten."

Saya slowly walked away from the pair, as Noah leaned her head down to meet Marcus' gaze that was fixated on the ground, "Hey... Hero?" When he looked at her brown eyes she smiled, "Things always work out," the girl gave him a little wink with her right eye, before walking behind Saya.

Things had gone a little quiet- Viktor was playing with his grenade, Jayden and Petra were eating some; mountain dew, poprock, cheese packet shit, while Chico danced with a Dia De Los Muertos skeleton- as he wore his own sombrero.

"Jesus!" Chico cried, everyone's attention drawing to him as he dropped the skeleton, Saya's knife pinning itself into a ball with a ring around it.

Everyone else let out a little laugh, as Chico shuffled his shoulders, making it seem like he didn't just shit his pants. Noah bumed her hips with Saya with an amused smile, but the girl from tokyo wasn't in the mood for playfulness.

"Misery loves company," Marcus pointed while reentering the previous conversation, "But the second, lesser-known part is- company doesn't care much for misery." Both girls stared at him, one highly amused at the bullshit he could pull together- versus the ladder that held a tight-bitch face.