thirty

PART THIRTY
- SWEET VICIOUS -

PART THIRTY- SWEET VICIOUS -

(This chapter is a bit graphic, so read at your discretion! Please don't read if your under 18!)

-

"You must not love. You must not marry. You must discard friends and ideals..." Noah sat directly behind Marcus, with Maria on her left, and Saya a row to her right. Master Lin had unknowingly outed that Noah had something going on with Marcus, but to be honest she didn't even know.

He paced down the walkway with his cane, as Saya passed Marcus a note, "Violation of these edicts, is the most common downfall of our kind." Marcus received the note, opening it quietly as Master Lin continued.

"To achieve true commitment to the life, we must drown these failed needs." Before Marcus could even look up from his note from Saya, Noah was gripping the cane that was swung towards his face.

When Master Lin looked at her with disappointment he grunted, "Emotions are a chemical mirage. That will betray you, leave you exposed."

He tapped the side of her exposed torso with a small blade, the girl not even bothering to look around as she brought her stinging hand back towards her, welts already beginning to form in a thick line on her palm.

He continued to walk, "To care for another human, is to create your own weakness..." He stood at the front of the class with his back turned towards them, "If you love someone enough to die for them... then you surely will."

Noah kept her gaze away from curious ones as she looked down at Marcus, practically apologizing for... not really sure what she was sorry for, she guessed for being in love with him- but it was something she hoped he wouldn't pick up on, but unfortunately he was a smart kid.

He nodded to the door, telling her to leave, and she quickly did without bothering to look at Master Lin.

Marcus lifted his book sup off the desk with a quick sigh, "Some speech. Really got me thinking. If you're not fighting for an ideal, then you're just fighting for yourself." Master Lin turned towards the boy, shock evident in his creased features.

"If that's what you think... then that means everything you said when I came here was all garbage, wasn't it?" Marcus said with a forced, side-smile.
His smile faltered into a glare as he stared across at the man with hatred, "That pre-rehearsed sermon? 'Give the peasant's the power, to overthrow their corrupt masters'

"Give my- my rage a voice loud enough to be heard around the world'."

Master Lin cringed, looking away from the boy as he continued, "Jurgen was right, Carrot on a stick. You pretend that you empower the poor outcasts like me- like Noah, but you don't care about that."