seventeen

seventeen

-

"All I'm saying is, you're not making your own choices. You're just doing what your taught to do." Marcus stated in monotone, his hand maneuvering around the controller, his focus on the screen in front of him.

Willie, Marcus, and Noah all sat around the small tv in Marcus' new room that he now shared with Shabnam, playing some video game. When Noah had walked into the room, Willie immediately acted like the badass-punk he tries to be, but Noah was quick to call him out on his bullshit, and was in the little secret that Willie was a total, big softy.

"Hit 'em with a right hook!"

Marcus continued with his deep, little spiel, "I don't really trust the sovereignty of the government. I mean, patriotism?" He cocked his head to the side, "What marketing asshole comes up with the idea to feel noble by- by looking out for your own self-interests?"

"-uppercut! Uppercut!" Willie sighed, "Will you quit keepin' it real at me and focus on the game, man?"

He followed suit and flicked the controller a few times, before the opponent was knocked out, and the three in the room cheered, Willie lifting his controller hand as Marcus screamed, "Suck my ass, Canadian Crusher!"

"There it is! Knockout baby! This our champion, That's what I'm talkin' about!" Willie smiled as Noah finally took this time to sit up with a sigh, leaning over to steal some of the popcorn Marcus had placed in a bowl on his lap.

She smiled when he held out the popcorn bowl for her first, the girl falling onto her stomach on his bed, reaching for the bowl the same time as Willie. Marcus pulled it away from Willie who looked shocked, "The fuck bro?"

"Girls first dipshit." Marcus argued, holding the bowl out of her once again with a giddy smile, sticking her short tongue out at Willie, who waited impatiently for his turn at the bowl.

The door was pushed open by Shabnam, who held onto a green towel that was wrapped around his waist. Willie's face fell slack as he stood up, looking down at Marcus, "You best give me my money, Arguello, or I'll make it hurt."

Looking confused Marcus looked back at forth between the two teens who stood above him, "Uh, uh- I don't have a dime."

"- I ain't asking for a dime, I want my $2." Willie pointed down at his nose, "You got till tomorrow."

Willie quickly stalked out of the room, followed by Shabnam closing the door with a click, the boy looking down at Marcus- not even seeing Noah situated on Marcus' bed, "Borrowing money? From FWO? Smooth move, ex-lax."

He looked up, nearly dropping his towel at seeing a bored Noah, looking at her nails in boredom, in her school uniform- but she lacked the blazer and shoes, leaving her in the white collared shirt, black skirt, and knee-high socks.