twenty four

PART TWENTY FOUR

- SWEET VICIOUS -

-

Master Gao stood in front of Noah, peered down at her like the shit on the bottom of her designer, leather boots. The girl hadn't even been in the dark room for two minutes when the woman swung her medium sized cane and thrusted it down onto her open palms- Noah cringing with a hiss, but refusing to shed a tear in front of the woman.

"When did you decide to kill, Chico?" She asked strutting in front of the teenage girl, who was slightly impressing her counterpart at her strength and courage.

Noah glared up at her with blood dripping down her nose from the butt of the stick, "We know you did it, Noah. We just don't know why."

She knocked the cane against the chair that Noah was strapped onto, circling her like a hungry vulture that was waiting for her to crack, or drop dead right at her feet. She leaned down onto Noah's shoulder and whispered, "A crime of jealousy, perhaps?"

Noah cocked an eyebrow, what the hell was this woman thinking?

"Love is the most corrosive emotion. Leads us to our worst extremes." Noah continued to stare ahead with blood dripping down onto her upper lip, "You're wrong, 100-" The woman slammed the cane onto the top of her shoulder, and Noah gasped.

"Marcus Arguello. Ring a bell?" She taunted, "You're in love with Marcus, and Maria sucked him in like a bee to honey... you grew jealous-"

"Stop it."

"She had Chico! Why would she need Marcus too?"

"Stop."

"Why not kill Maria?"

"I didn't kill Chico!" Noah snapped, looking back at the woman with pure hatred in her eyes, "I had nothing against Chico- he did nothing to me." She lied, wanting to clear her tracks along with her friends.

Master Gao looked at her with his head cocked, as if she knew she was lying, but didn't say anything. Her heels clicked against the stone floor, Noah gulping harshly to resist the bile that had been crawling up her throat this entire time.

When she crouched down in front of Noah, she reached for her restraints. Noah watched in shock when Master Gao unclipped them, looking down as she continued, "Telling the truth is the only thing you can do to pardon yourself."

Noah rubbed her injured hands as Master Gao waited for a response, but the girl in front of her stayed silent, taking in a deep breath and released it through her nose.

One of the monks shoved her up and out of the chair when the doors opened. Noah's face was coated in running mascara from the tears that had shed without a single cry from her throat. The girl batted an eye to Maria, who stared at her with anger- a message asking if she had said anything.