eight

eight

-

HAND TO HAND COMBAT

-

Hand-to-Hand combat was one of her favorite classes. Training on the skills of literally, kicking someone's ass was the highlight of her day. Especially when she was paired with Saya- Noah and Saya were some of the best fighters in the class, and no one wanted to spare with them seeing as they could break your arm with a single kick, so they just spared together.

"-When the Republic of Texas openly declared genocide, which Indian tribe survived for another 40 years?" Ms. DeLuca voiced on the mat, everyone else sitting on the bleachers scattered around the room, or sat on their knees on the floor.

The class was dressed in fighting attire, with red, fabric belts to hold them in place.

"Well, they all got done in the end." Willie said with a laugh, not caring if the joke was hurtful or not.

When Ms. DeLuca found the joke not so funny Willie dropped the smile and looked down at the floor, "Sorry, Ms.DeLuca."

She gave him a glare before continuing, "The fierce Comanche survived due only to strength and cunning. Remember, hand-wringing liberal ideals won't keep you safe. The world respects those who can protect themselves."

The woman crossed her arms behind her back as she faced the class, "Every opponent has a weakness. Pick a partner. Find theirs."

Everyone ran towards who they usually spared with, but Noah sent Saya a look and nodded her head towards Marcus. The girl got the message and went to spare with one of her affiliation mates.

Noah sauntered over to Marcus, who watched her with sharp eyes and his mouth slightly open as she stopped in front of him with her hip jutted out, and her arms reaching for his hand, "Come on, tough guy."

He shook his head with a nervous smile, "No, no, I'm good."

Noah's face filled with a smile as she hoisted him up, "If you're gonna play hero, you gotta fight like one."

This being his inspiration he stood up, Noah pulling him by the hand to the corner of the mat, not wanting to embarrass him too much.

"Sorry about this morning," she started looking across at him, just a few feet away from her. Marcus shrugged, "It's cool."

She looked down at his belt, seeing it double knotted. She let out a laugh, "I'll fix this,"

She took both end of the belt and un-tied them, tightening the belt quickly enough to make Marcus stumble closer to her, as he looked at her with embarrassment.