twenty two

twenty two

-

It was pretty cold for a November night in Nevada, why the top of the car was down was a question Noah was afraid to ask, the smoke from the joint being past around no longer lingering.

"I do this thing after I'm around people and I over analyze every interaction to see where I went wrong, who I offended."

Billy passed the already lit joint off to Noah, whose stomach was doing flips from already being on the road only a few days after the whole library fiasco. She managed to only damage the connective tissue above her belly button, all ha is to Saya fighting off her cousin when she did.

The group had collectively decided to take a trip to vegas- a trip to kill Billy's asshole of a dad.
Noah was always down to beat the shit out of fathers who treated their kids like absolute shit- with her shitty past and all.

"I sit up all night worrying I didn't catch the right cues or I said the wrong thing."

Saya held her head on her fisted hand as she drove down the straight highway, the only other car a long way behind them, "Some might call that socially retarded."

This gave everyone a small smile, the three in the car needing a smile after what Viktor, Petra, and Noah had gone through- Jayden unable to be saved.

"Human interaction is just a manipulation dance- a way for people to get what they want from each other."

"Popular people- they are just the best liars." Noah sighed, the smoke coming out in a large cloud from her cheeks. "It gives people a reason to not act like assholes." Saya nodded towards Marcus.

The boy laughed, "You're an asshole."

"I'm the most well-adjusted person in this car." She laughed, her finger rolling around the car to prove her point, grabbing a beer from Noah who was scoffing, "I went through a life-changing trauma Saya," when the driver rolled her eyes Noah let out a laugh, "- okay, so fuck you."

Marcus shook his head at the girl in the backseat, while Billy suddenly piped in a little fact, "I didn't lose my virginity to Becky Cruz, I diddled her but she didn't reciprocate."

Maria gave a face while looking at the boy next to Noah, "Don't be a pig."

The mohawked teen rolled his head, "All I'm saying is you take a dude that far down the hall and slam a blue door on his balls, would it kill her to jerk me off into a crusty napkin?" The entire backseat groaned in disgust- Noah continuing to breath the smoke from the joint into her lungs.

"You never had to sulk home with a pair of blue plumbs?" Willie held the toothpick in between his teeth, "A girl gets anywhere near me, and she begging for it."