twenty six

PART TWENTY SIX

- SWEET VICIOUS -

-

Noah spent the rest of her night sulking. Of course she didn't expect Marcus to come crashing through her door and take her right there on the bed, but she at least expected a talk, a note, something other than leaving her to the thoughts that drifted through her head all night long.

Around 5 am she decided to head to the Graveyard, needing some time away from Petra, who was telling her to quote, "shut the fuck up and take what's yours".
Noah usually didn't listen to Petra, but she realized that she really did need to shut the fuck up.

But Marcus was Maria's, and she wouldn't be the person to swoop in and ruin that.

She walked down with a cigarette in between her point and middle finger, smoke drifting out of her mouth and nose, into the cool air of San Francisco. Candles were lit around a boy, writing in his notebook with headphones pulled over his hair.

And she knew it was Marcus immediately, and for a moment she just watched him.

She followed the scar down his face, traveling around his cheeks that held a bright rosey color, one she noticed happened when he just woke up. His hair wasn't styled, but she liked it that way- all messy and untamed.

After a few more moments she realized that it was a little creepy watching him from the shadows, and slowly strode over to him, Marcus seeing her and immediately sat up straighter and pulled his headphones off and swung around his neck.

"Writing pretty furiously in that thing." She smiled, passing him the cigarette so he could take a drag.

He nodded in both thanks, and to her comment, "Got a lot of shit running through my head."

She stayed silent, watching him suck in the smoke greedily, gently puffing it out into a cloud in front of her as it floated around her.

"I'm in some trouble," he said finally meeting her brown eyes, "-we all are." Marcus looked defeated, and it was a look she had never seen on him, and it scared her slightly.

She nodded her him to continue as she toyed with her fingers, "I found out where Chico's body is."

Noah shot him wide eyes as a quick, "What?" fell from her parted lips.

Marcus slowly stood up and stepped away from her, "I-I thought it was the acid, but he was tracking me, and now my old roommate has Chico's body."

"Shit-" Noah sighed, instantly thinking of her brother, but didn't want to worry everyone about her just yet, "... if he tells the cartel, Maria has-"

He rushed forward, "No- you can't tell her, okay? She's barely holding it together as is."

She rolled her eyes at his defense, "Right, okay. Maria kills Chico, and leaves the rest of us royally fucked. But you know, let's not worry her."