twenty five

PART TWENTY FIVE

- SWEET VICIOUS -

-

The comic shop was a great getaway from Kings when things got a little rough for Noah's liking. She supported a sling, leaning against one of the shelfs in the store, reading some comic that trying to capture her attention.

Marcus and Willie worked here nights and on the weekends. They both currently where stocking comic books that had been delivered, or tossed somewhere they shouldn't have, and Noah sat with the sucker in her mouth while talking to the boys as she read.

"You busy?" A girl asked walking up to Willie, who looked at the comics, pouting, "What?" Noah sent him a look, one that you would receive from your mother for talking rudely to someone. The girl widened her own eyes, "Whoa... OKay, um..."

She picked up a comic, obviously just trying to take to Willie, "- look, I'm new to this stuff, soi was just wondering where I should start?"

When Willie stayed silent she picked up a random Superman comic, "I was thinking old school, like Superman?" With a beat Willie snapped, "Superman's a punk." The girl looked amused, "Yeah?"

"Yep. Always lets Lex Luthor go. Ends up going off and doing something more evil..." He moved to stand by Noah, who was continuing to stare at him, appalled, "Put all his friends in danger... but if Supe's would just snap his neck, it'd be done, right?"

The girl shrugged, "But Superman would never do that?"

"That's why everybody thinks he's a fucking punk." He growled.

Noah scoffed, "I started with Superman, and I loved it," she paused to send Willie a sideways glare, "I would start there, 100%." The girl looked at her gently, giving her a nod towards her apology for Willie's action.

"Are you shitting me?" Noah snapped when the girl walked over to the t-shirts, "Are you stupid, or just hormonal?"

Marcus walked over to Willie's right, both teens yelling at him on either side, "Dude, why'd you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Well, uh, act like most dude's in a comic store-"

Noah pushed his shoulder so his attention went to her, "A girl walks up and starts hitting on you, and you bite her fucking head off?"

Willie looked a ther confused, "Hey, hold on that- that wasn't-" Realization covered his face and he stared off in between the two teens who were screaming in both ears, "You think she-" when both Noah and Marcus stared at him with nods of their heads he fell slack, "- shit."