twenty eight

PART TWENTY EIGHT

- SWEET VICIOUS -

(I'm so sorry that this is so short

(I'm so sorry that this is so short. Wattpad deleted my first edit so I had to rewrite all of this in literally 45 minutes. There will be another update Monday afternoon!)

-

Once again the teens found themselves on the rooftop, playing a third round of monopoly, and Noah found herself shifting closer, and closer to Marcus everytime a new gust of wind flew by. The two of them weren't extremely close, but their knees and thighs were gently pressed to the opposite sides.

Beers were spread throughout the area, Noah holding a smile on her face as she listened to Marcus rant, finding his rants cute and amusing, "So it makes sense that every post-apocalyptic future movie is full of punk rockers."

Willie sat across from them, Petra on the right, with Marcus, Noah and Maria sitting on the far left, "They're the ones that survive because they've been anticipating it the whole time."

Billy walked over from the bars of the watertower with a little laugh, "It's kind of ironic. The only ones who saw how shitty the world was are the ones stuck living in it."

"Is that where you see yourself in the future?" Maria asked with sass in her voice, "Yes.""It sounds sad."

Completely disregarding the discussion Willie cheered as he slammed his cards down, "Boardwalk with a hotel. Pay me two grand, busta!"

Marcus held back a shit-eating grin as he grabbed the fake cash, "Fuckin' "Monopoly. This is proof that capitalism doesn't work, okay? Because whoever else gets property first, they get to screw with everyone else in the game."

Noah rolled her eyes as Lex slammed down on his skateboard while Willie let out a laugh and spoke in a terrible British accent, "Oy, oy! An absolute fan of the status quo, because it sure is smashing for the chaps up top."

Lex just sent him a glare as Billy finally landed his jump, "Did you see that, Petra? I landed it."

Noah and Marcus both sent each other a look when they heard the desperation in his voice, Noah feeling bad about making him jump for the opportunity to be with her.

"Better than Lex's sketchy bomb drop." She bluntly stated, making Lex immediately bounce an insult back, "My bomb drop's more impressive than your imminent middle-age boob drop.

I mean, they're fine now, but look at those pointy little puffers. No elasticity. Gravity's your enemy, my melancholy mime." He winked.

When the british punk leaned down towards Willie the leader pointed a finger, "Don't start on me, Buttermilk."

Lex shrugged with an innocent look, "We're on the same side. Rap, punk Poor kids making music about their circumstances." Noah finally voiced her own opinion, "So you think it's about rich and poor? You haven't been in America long enough."

"It's totally true," Petra sighed, moving her ship monopoly piece down the board, "I just wonder if things will ever get better."

"Thinking about the future is a luxury for rich kids." Billy voiced as he walked towards the watertower, "I just get through the day." Marcus sighed, looking down at his cards. Maria let out a small breath, "Yeah, we were all sort of expecting that from you, Morrissey."

The group of teens all laughed, and after Maria shouted up to the teen who had climbed to the top of the water tower, "Come on, Billy! You got to have some goal. Just one thing you want to be great at."

"Can't make it to the top of the ladder unless you're a sociopath." He voiced, as Noah looked up at him with a bridged eyebrow, "And why's that?" He shrugged, "Because the ladder's made of humans."

Once again the laughter of the group echoed off of the buildings surrounding them- including the echo of the door slamming shut, and Saya walked around the corner with her eyes darting to both Marcus and Noah, "Got a minute?"

The rest of the group sent both teens curious gazes as they both stood up, following after the tokyo raised teen as she instantly started the conversation in a hushed whisper, "Someone killed one of my crew last night. It has to be Fuckface."

Noah ignored the pit in her stomach when Marcus looked at her, with alomost the same gaze he had looked at her with last night, "That's impossible. How would he even know- How does he know anything about any of us?"

"It's makes sense-" Noah shrugged, but Maria quickly entered the conversation making them immediately hush, "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt a quality moment with you and my boyfriend." She glared at Noah, before softening her gaze at Saya, but still held a glare.

Noah shrugged, "Sorry... I was just giving him some much needed archery tips. Like duck..."The girl shoulder-checked Maria, Marcus releasing a breathy laugh as she did so, and Noah ingored that they went off into the building opposite the group, the rest of the group looking at her as she sat back down.

"When are you going to say something?" Petra asked, grabbing a card from the middle, Noah's cheeks burning at the question, "I don't know what you mean."

"Cut the bullshit," Willie snapped with a roll of his eyes, "- Marcus is the most clueless dude here, I'm surprised he doesn't notice it."

Noah rolled her eyes, the two sockets starting to hurt after her weeks of rolling them at her friends accusations, "I'm not going to do anything." Even Lex looked at her with wide eyes as the group paused their game, "W-What do you mean?" Billy laughed anxiously, "I mean- we all know he likes you, make a move?"

"He's dating Maria," Noah snapped while standing with her fists clenched, "- I'm not a man-stealer. I don't do that sorta shit to people, really fucks them up."

She turned to leave but paused to look at her friends each in the eye, "Not. A. Word. To Marcus, understood?"In unison they nodded silently, even Saya was a little intimidated by her glare. She whipped back around and yanked open the door, quickly walking through.

Just as the door closed Marcus and Maria walked back out, neither wanting to look at each other. Marcus sat back down, but creased his eyebrows when the space on his left was empty, "Where's Noah?"

"She wasn't feeling good." Petra quickly answered, to avoid someone (Billy) breaking the promise that Noah made them make.

His face fell slightly at the girls disappearance, everyone looking at him knowingly, including Maria whose face was filled with rage as she looked down the path that Noah had made just seconds before.

-