Chapter 1

Camila's pov

"Stand up straight we must look our best"

"Yes papa" i said as i fixed my dress as we stood in a hall gathered with many guess.

"Seriously Karla don't make us look like such fools" he said looking at me with a scowl before he put on his business smile and entered the hall, I just shook my head and took a deep breath, trying not to look as if I didn't want to die with the idea of socializing with people who just want to show off what they could offer to my father. All that considering he was the head of this ungodly event he planned to get more suitors investing in his company.

We walked in the hall as everyone greeted my father. He had this hearty chuckle as I smiled with the most genuine smile i could as many people shook his hand and talk aimlessly about his work. He had many different people come up and shake his hand as well as me seeing as I was his daughter as well as trying not to tarnish his image he wanted to uphold.

"It's a pleasure to possibly working with you Mr. Cabello" A man in a business suit similar to my father's said. I just watched as he shook his hand and look as if he had way too many cups of coffee to drink. Many of the suitors had the similar appearance as they would look so happy to be in my fathers presents.

Why not just kiss his ass while their at it.

I stood by as my father went on talking to many other people about their business plans and just followed close behind as my father went on and on about how I would take over the business soon or how he'd be happy to work with some of them. Afterwards, my father encouraged me to make somewhat of a good impression with many of the people my age. Anything to get away from all these kiss ups but there kids weren't as different, just a bunch of snobby rich teens that take there being privileged as a necessity.

I walked over to the bar and ordered a drink and stood by as I watched the many older people talk with one another. This wasn't new to me it was just another night and another event as always. And by how the night was turning out i would need a real drink soon.

As I sat there bored out of my mind I seen a few girls my age talking, I try not to pay any mind to them but it was kinda hard to do when I can hear everything they said from where I stood.

"Ugh did you see her dress?"

"Oh my God yes, she looks like a total slut"

"She's pathetic just like her father my daddy makes way more then him"

"Oh my god i know right total loser"

Like was this seriously the coversation.

I shook my head and sighed as I sipped on my drink, most of these privileged kids where a bunch of jerks rubbing in how much their parents made as if that was the only thing to them. I went to a privileged school since I was young I was never one to be out there, I just kept to myself. I wasn't so big on making friends either. But then again I wouldn't know the first thing about talking to people.

I don't think I could have a decent conversation with any of the teenage rich kids here, no one ever read off as anything humbling, not with the kind of lifestyle they grew up with. I wanted someone i could have an actual conversation with. Talked about life, love, books, movies .... but that wasn't the case, anyone trying to be my friend was only because my father was very wealthy and most of them faked their way of trying to be friends, but that was mainly because we were forced to talk as our parents did business.

"Another drink ma'am?" the bartender said and i just smiled and shook my head. Sighing I finished my drink and wandered around trying to find some place to be other than here.