Chapter 16

Lauren’s pov

My heart was pounding as if i came from a run, but if anyone where to look my way they would think I seemed like the most calm and collected person at first glance. My head was spinning and my palms were sweating. I don’t remember being this nervous about anything before other than what's most common. Like the first day of school or having to do a speech in front of the class.

Camila had agreed to come over and hang out with me and Leo to watch a movie and i wondered on the way over to my place, how on earth I managed the courage to ask if she wants to hang out.

Ever since our date I couldn't wait to see her, and usually one of us were busy but we did have some time to text but i find talking in person is way better. It’s hard to really know what the other person's feeling when all you have between each other is words on a screen.

After leaving my moms I drove around and decided to think about what we talked about. And I decided to take my new car for a joy ride. Try out my new wheels. Somehow driving for miles makes me feel like I'm free. From what? All my problems for the mire moment. 

Somehow in my moment of thinking and getting lost in myself i ended up in the parking lot of my job at Camila’s Father’s company.

I really didn’t know what to think but I knew why I was there. I guess my body had a mind of its own and knew. I don’t know how to put it.You know how you don’t really know what you want but somewhere inside of you knows subconsciously.   

I wanted to see her for sure and I was glad it was that time in the day when everyone was out for lunch. It gave me the time to be alone with her and not have to worry about everyone interrupting us. 

When i went up and through the halls of the large building, I found her lying there with her head down. She looked stressed and tired but most of all, frustrated. Maybe with herself? I wouldn’t know, but that was the last thing I ever wanted to see her as. 

Sad.

I didn’t know what went on but I was happy to take her mind off of work all together. I was surprised when she said she took the rest of the day off for me. It surprised me and excites me but again, made me nervous, but I took the opportunity to ask if she would like to continue what we had started. I didn’t want to end our talk or the chance to see each other.

So here I was... sitting on the couch with Camila to my right and Leo at our feet. We had been sitting here for a while and ate up enough of the snacks I brought out. I would sometimes look over at her and try to get a glimpse of her without looking so creepy.

But when i did i would sometimes catch her eyes and couldn’t help but smirk at her cheeks turning a shade of red, as she looked away bashfully. But what gave me a little confidence at the fact that she was here, eased my nerves.

Nothing much was happening in the movie as we sat and watched, but somehow we both kicked off our shoes and got comfortable on the couch.

We continued watching the movie but I was way too distracted to even try and pay attention. But i kept watching. It felt strange how I couldn't sit here in my own apartment and not feel so on edge. It wasn’t like that when the girls or anyone who knew me would come over. I wasn’t so insecure about anything but with Camila…...everything was different. 

And i had no idea why.

Suddenly i felt my hand being intertwined with a warm one and Camila’s head resting on my shoulder gently. I was surprised at first but just smiled to myself and wrapped my arm around her shoulder and let her cuddle into me.

“Sorry” i heard her mumble. And i frowned as to why she was apologizing but she elaborated after.

“I tend to cuddle the closest thing near me" she said and I just smiled even wider and pulled her closer.