Chapter 8

Lauren pov

What do you do when your thoughts have been consumed with someone you barely know?

What do you do when you can’t wait to see someone so bad and have no idea why?

What do you do when you just feel something unexpected?

I’ve been able to work with Camila almost all week but just a couple of days because I still had school and my other job. I took Normani’s advice and decided to make time for myself. I had cut some days off and worked on certain days to be able to go to school but was able to take those days and have some free time to myself.

I got to know Camila a lot more this week though, although I haven't given her the advantage to know my name. But i did teaser her about it, she would always try to guess and make up names for me. I found it funny how she tried to make up a story's behind the names but eventually it would turn out to be something so ridiculous that we’d end up laughing every time. 

I gave her the choice of just simply going through my file to know me, but she refused saying it was like cheating and knowing someone without really knowing.

I had lunch with her when I could and helped out with what she needs throughout the projects and we were able to get the majority of it done. I really think she can handle taking over for a while in her father's place.

She told me a little bit about what happened but I could tell from just her in general she was only scratching the surface. I just hope everything was okay, i hope she was okay.

Right now i was getting ready to visit my mom, after Normani came to visit she had me thinking about having time to myself and not stress so much but when she mentioned my mom i realized i haven’t had the chance to see her in awhile.

And by phone calls I meant, a phone call maybe once a month and every time i did call she was worried.

So right now i had packed Leo stuff and got my bag before heading out my apartment where Normani waited for me in her car.

“ Get in loser we’re going shopping!”

I loved Mani but she can be embarrassing sometimes, I chuckled to myself and walked up to the car opening the door for Leo before hopping in myself

“Hey Mani thanks for driving me” i said giving her a short hug

“Don’t worry about it i miss mama j and i can’t wait to surprise her” she said as I buckled up and she headed out of the city “ you didn’t tell her we were on our way right?”

“Yeah she has no idea”

“How? Your a terrible liar” she chuckled as I rolled my eyes buckling my seat belt as Leo sat in the back trying to look out the window.

“I didn’t call her” i said bluntly and shrugged 

“You didn’t call her?!” Normani said in exaggeration as I winced at her unexpected loud voice.

“Yes, is that so bad?”

“Um yes! “ she shouted once more “You do realize your in trouble, you know your mom hates when you don’t call her and let her know your visiting, right?”

“Yes Mani, which is why I didn't call her because as you so call know, I'm a bad liar” i said leaning against the window as she drove.

“I’m just saying” 

“I know but she’ll get over it" I said and leaned back in my seat as Leo hopped over the console and into my lap “ take me home Mani"

Normani smiled and shook her head before focusing on the road and lead us to the place I grew up in. We listened to some music and sung along until we got there, and of course it wasn’t a real sing along if Leo wasn’t howling along to us singing. Soon we ended up back in my old neighborhood in the suburbs of Miami and came to a small home i long grew up from.