Chapter 19

Camila's pov

“I want to know where, when, how-everything” was all I heard as my best friend walked through my office door. I was way too focused on what was in front of me that she caught me by complete surprise as she rushed over to my desk and pulled me from my place at the desk to the couch alongside the wall.

“Whoa slow down” I said laughing at Dinah’s eagerness for details.

“No time, Spill” she said giving me an expectant look.

It had been 2 weeks since the Halloween get together. I remember that night and next morning specifically. Sofi had gotten along with Dinah’s siblings and I was happy with that, she wasn’t much of a shy person and was very open to meeting new people. She saw it as another friend to her list of many friends she has. but most of all i loved how Sofi had gotten along with Lauren so perfectly.

There was a moment that night i got to see them interact, i didn’t know what they spoke about because i had been across the room helping with setting up the table with Dinah but they looked to be having fun. The way Sofi talked with so much excitement and the look of sheer joy Lauren showed through her smile and the way her eyes lit up.

They got along in a way I hoped they would.

The next morning after Sofi had made her way over to me late at night, I woke up to Sofi gone but from the sound of children laughing from where i laid next to Lauren. I knew she wasn’t far, but what else caught my attention was a sleeping Lauren with her head on my lap as i laid just beside her along the back of the couch.

A smile appeared across my lips as I reached over to slide her hair away from her face. She looked so peaceful and relaxed, she cuddled into my lap even more at my subtle touch. I leaned down and gave her a soft kiss where her widow's peak was and caressed her skin.

I was so lost in just admiring a sleeping Lauren that I failed to notice that most of the girls were already awake. The one still asleep besides Lauren was Dinah who later that day begged me to tell her all about me and Lauren. I promised to tell her when we were alone but i never said when that would have been.

 After we all had woken up that morning with a little help from the loud children running around the house, we all had breakfast and relaxed. I told Dinah i would come over and tell her everything that happened but I guess talking about everything distracted me from ever getting around to explaining because soon enough me and Lauren had left later that day together.

But i guess i’ve stalled enough and she couldn’t wait any longer.

“Okay okay, fine” I said laughing as we got comfortable and i tried to find the right beginning.

“Well remember when you asked me if I felt anything for Lauren?” I asked about the day we had lunch together and saw Dinah nodded so i went on “I took your advice and was gonna ask her out but she came to visit me on the way home from work and actually asked me out first ” I said and smiled thinking about it as Dinah’s excitement grew from her excited smile.

“Oh my god, that's so freakin cute” she squealed as I continued.

“A few days later she took me on this amazing outdoor themed date and we ended up eating tons of food and…. just talked and laughed all night" I said and I explained it like it had been yesterday. “But after, it had gotten late but I didn't want it to end so we took a walk in the park to the huge underground fountains” I chuckled to myself remembering how ridiculous we looked but how much fun we’ve had.

“Then she had this idea of us dancing and soon enough she dragged me into the fountains and we danced in the water to some music she put on” I said shaking my head as Dinah awed  clearly seeing the night I was telling her about.