Chapter 20

Laurens pov

“Hola pecenia what’s up, why is it out of everything you want to call your mama?” my mother said through the phone and I chuckled to myself as I stood leaned against the counter in the back room of the hall.

“Um maybe because i love and care about you,” I said with a smile as she chuckled this time.

“Yes and i love and care about you too” She said as she sighed, probably having a seat somewhere. "So what do you want to talk to me about?”

“What makes you think i have something to talk about?” I protested frowning my eyebrows as if she could see me.

“Mija” she sort of sang knowing me too well. I rolled my eyes and sighed before i stood up right taking a deep breath.

I went to speak but nothing came out right away. I hesitated at first and forgot the last time i felt so nervous telling my mother anything. But I was determined to say what i had to.

“Well...I was kind of wondered if...maybe you would like to have dinner together?” I said nervously.

“Yeah, i’d love to we have dinner all the time, why do you seem so off about it?” she said and i closed my eyes before thinking about what i’d say next.

“Um well…”

Have you ever just do random things when your talking to your crush on the phone or asking a favor from a friend's family?

Well that was me in the moment as I walked in a small circle anticipating what my mother might say or do. 

“I was hoping that we would have dinner together and you’d meet someone very...very special to me,” I said thinking of Camila.

I had been with Camila for while now and she means a lot to me like no one has ever been. I found that my mother was the most important person to me in the world. And to me, her opinion mattered the most. she was all I had growing up besides my friends and uncle. I didn’t know my father. I had no grandparents that I knew of and not much family to go by other then my uncle. 

Camila was special in a way I had never gotten close to anyone. And I found that I wanted her to meet the one person who meant a lot to me, to meet the one person who became so special to me so quickly.

“Of course mija, why don’t I make dinner and you guys come over" She said breaking me from my thoughts.

“Oh, Yeah that would be great. I'll find some time this month and call you when I can schedule the day and time” 

“Oh this sound serious” my mother teased and i felt my cheeks heat up as I rolled my eyes.

Moms. 

“Yes, it is and I would like you to be on your best behavior please” I said laughing shaking my head, sometimes it was like we switched roles and that was fun when it came to being serious about things. 

“Okay okay, i’ll try”

“That’s all I ask” I smiled.

“Alright but i make no promises”

I loved my mom, she was the best when it came to talking about either my day or if something came up in my life. And it was the same for my mother. She found comfort in being in my life and I knew, but I tried my best to be in her life when I can. 

I talked to my mom for a little while longer before I had to go to work. I was happy that she was excited to meet Camila but i was also nervous because well…..i’ve never actually brought anyone home before, or even felt the way I do for Camila.