Chapter 12

Lauren pov

I have a date with Camia.

I asked her out on a date and she said yes!

I went home that night after we had a late brunch and i couldn’t wipe the smile from my face. I had to plan our date, I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

I have been on quite a few dates but i didn’t feel like i had a cage of butterflies in my stomach trying to break free. Camila made me feel nervous, scared, happy, all at once and I don't know why. She was someone I met randomly and couldn’t help but notice how different she was compared to people you’d meet anywhere else.

The thing for me is that i wanted to know someone before I could ever know if there was something that could go past friendship. It had always been that way but somehow Camila change my mind about that the day we met.

I spent most of my time trying to figure out what on earth I could plan that would be fun but special for this night out. Now that I think about it I have never been the one to plan the date out, I'd always be the one being asked out. 

With that in mind this made planning out my night out with Camila way more difficult than I thought. I didn’t want the girls to freak out on me about going out on a date, especially if it’s with Camila but i needed help...bad.

I decided to call up Normani to help me because she usually wasn’t busy. I would have called Ally but since starting a job in her dad’s company she was focused on that most of the time and didn’t have free time as much to hang. I guess that’s what all of the girls thought of me but apparently i was beyond worse. 

I would have asked Dinah too but with the amount of siblings she had and her parents working and wanting her to follow in their footsteps, she wasn’t as free unless we all went to her house and wanted to hang out with the younger one.

It was weird how all of their parents besides my own wanted them to run the family business but they were all different when it came to family. 

Normani was more than happy to come over but unfortunately couldn’t last minute and I was stuck trying to figure out what to do so I called Ashley up and she made it over with out a problem. Now she was helping me out with outfit choices but I hadn't told her why she was here and soon enough she’d be asking questions.

“I like the red dress but i also like the white blouse” Ashley said as i had two other outfits in my hand as I looked down and tried to pick what’s best.

“Yeah but i might just go with the blouse, it’s more casual. Says I'm trying but not to much" I said looking in the mirror as Ashley sat on my bed going threw a magazine.

“So you haven’t yet told me why the whole finding a good outfit was about” Ashley said tossing the magazine a side and eye’d me down.

I avoided her look before sighing and turned to face her.

“Okay, if i tell you please don’t freak out” i said which just made her gin as I turned to her and pursed my lips.

“Oh now i have to know, spill” Ashley said and sat up straight and bounced a little with excitement. I walked over to her and sat down taking a deep breath before saying anything.

“So I may have asked someone out-” I could barely finish a sentence before she started squealing and hitting my arm in excitement as i tried to block her punches.

“Oh my god! Who is it? Do i know them? Is he Cute? What’s his name?” she asked excitedly and I peeked from my arms to see if she was done hitting me before sitting up again.