Chapter 17

Camila's pov

I’ve asked myself so many times the same questions everyday when I've woken up in an undeniably huge bed, to the huge home i stay in, to helping my father do what he’s known for. But the one question I've asked myself more than once is ...where did this incredible person come from and how did she end up in my life?

It had been weeks since Lauren asked me to be her girlfriend and it has been…..amazing.

We texted a lot more but had been making time to catch up and be together when we could. I have never been in a relationship before, i was so sure i would mess it up somehow but I haven't  yet and I was grateful.

This was my first relationship and I realized how true those saying where ... about how you wish you had someone that you could hold hands with whenever you wanted, or someone you could cuddle and kiss whenever you felt the craving for it. And I can't help but say….

 It felt so damn good.

I had been over to Laurens place a few times but she hasn’t been over to mine. I just liked how small and cozy her place was, it was way better than my home that had big spaces with nothing to fill. I felt so alone in my own home. Was that so bad?

But no matter what she never pressured me about anything I was comfortable with, and that was one of the things I adore about her even more. The way she cared for me in a way I've never experienced before and how she valued my thoughts and feelings.

My father had been gone but he still was there when he could to check up on how the business was doing at home. He would always call and see how things were but never asked how I was or if anything new happened while he was away, and i just grown used to it.

I felt angry and sad that he was gone not being here in Miami, but I felt most of all happy that he was gone. Not here to nag me when ever he could and make sure I wasn't out of line about how I looked or dressed or where my head was at with situations if it wasn’t focused with other things like his job required, or had Danny chaperone me.

It was sad really that i didn’t care much for where my father was, or how to use it I was. But it’s not like he was ever interested in thinking about the family like he was used to.

I liked the idea of doing things on my own but he doesn’t seem to think so.

I did however visit my mother and Sofi way more these past few weeks then I have when my father was here. And although my mother wondered why….i just told her that it was another business trip. She instantly knew what I meant and left it alone without question.

I stayed a few nights at my mother’s home when I could and then stayed at the big empty house my father called home a few nights. But i would mainly stay with my mom for a few nights because that big home was sometimes creepy being alone and like I've said… lonely.

I’ve wanted to stay with Lauren some nights but I was way beyond nervous to, or even ask. It would be better than being at the big mansion alone and I couldn't stay at my mothers house forever, but i could try.

I was at work right now like always after getting off the phone with my father. I planned to see Lauren after but she had school and i just really missed her even if has been a couple of days since I've seen her.

Work was pretty slow, and today I usually get off early. So with my day cleared i decided to hang with Dinah. We haven’t hung out in a while but we had been texting non stop. It was mainly because I had work and i was kind of busy with my girlfriend.

I smiled to myself and shook my head as I walked to my car. God, was there ever a time my mind didn’t wander back to Lauren now a days.

I’ve wondered that sometimes, when my thoughts were consumed by her green eyes or how the smallest things could remind me of what she liked or her smile and impeccable laugh.