Chapter 21

Camila's pov

Have you ever had the feeling as if your heart was going to explode and you had this shear moment between scared and happy?

That night with Lauren, I had felt that feeling and it felt so overwhelming that I had no idea what to do but all i knew was, I didn't want to leave Laurens side at all that night.

When she had finished playing the song she had been playing she asked me how I felt… I knew what she meant but to me it was way more than that. I meant what I said. I felt alive.

I felt alive because only Lauren had the ability to make me see things in a different way and make me feel like I'm on top of the world and she would be right there with me.

I wasn’t so sure if i knew what the feeling she created did to my heart and body were, but i knew now and I just felt like I was put on a rollercoaster ride that took me by surprise. 

She made my heart beat every time i had the chance to see her and would make me lose my breath everytime she kissed me. And made me feel safe and warm when her arms were wrapped around me. But I could only imagine would happen if she said how she felt about me in a way that would make your heart explode when you hear those three little words for the first time.

I couldn’t explain how i felt that night at the school but i knew now and i swear i couldn’t be any more happier than was right now.

I had been going through my outfits for the last hour and a half looking for the perfect outfit to impress Lauren’s mom because I wanted her to like me, not hate me.

I wasn’t expecting Lauren to ask me to meet her mom. If I am honest I was beyond nervous to meet Lauren mother but I was also excited to meet her because this made us even closer. Lauren has always talked about her mom and how close they were and how much she loved her.

I saw it whenever we would cuddle together and watched whatever was on T.v. or when we would go out and walk together holding hands with Leo by our side. Her mother was her life and so important and i was hoping she liked me, I couldn't imagine if someone so important to Lauren didn’t see me as anything worth being anything for Lauren.

So yes, I was freaking out.

“I say go with the white shirt and high waisted jeans” Dinah said as she sat in one of the chairs in my room of the closet as i went through the huge amount of clothes I had here.

“No, what if I spill my drink or food on my shirt. I would look ridiculous with a huge ass stain on my shirt” i said worried.

“First of all, i think thats the first time I ever heard you curse” Dinah said as she looked up from her phone and i just shook my head rolling my eyes “ and second that's not gonna happen “

I sighed in defeat and sat on the floor with a shirt in my hand as I pouted “i know. I just don’t want to mess this up. Lauren means everything to me and i just don’t want to screw this up”

“I know chanch” Dinah said and i could feel her eyes watching me from where I sat “ come here let me at least do your makeup” she added motioning me to sit in the chair next to her. I sighed once more and got up and followed her instructions. 

“I have met Laurens mother so i can help you a little” Dinah said as she did my eyeliner.

“How exactly does that help?” I asked

“Well for one” she said switching over to my other eye “ I've known her for years and i swear she can be such a teenager sometimes”

“Look all i can say, is that Lauren’s mom means everything to her as well as us. If we like you I'm sure she’ll love you as well, and vise versa” Dinah said finishing my eye linear and now applying mascara.