Chapter 25

Camila's pov

Christmas morning.

I was beyond excited for today. Last night was fun, we all enjoyed each other’s company and ate up and watched movies. But soon we were all heading home to have Christmas with our families and our own endeavors. 

It was pretty late last night when we had to leave so i was still in bed, i was hoping at least until noon but knowing Sofi was up before anyone of us could have had the chance to open our eyes. 

Rushing down the stairs Sofi, my mother and I gathered up in the living room and opened presents. I hoped everyone loved their gifts. I certainly was happy with whatever anyone gave me because at least I was on their mind when they did. I enjoyed watching Sofi’s eyes light up when she opened a gift and the tackled tight hugs she would embrace anyone and everyone with.

We spent most of that morning opening gifts as my mother made some breakfast, I was surprised when my grandparents showed up but if anything I was happy to see them. It was rare that I saw them but they were always loving and would tell me and Sofi many stories.

They never changed as people when it came to such difficult circumstances and sometimes I wondered how they did it when i’ve watched how much weight my parents had to handle that made it difficult for them to keep a stable marriage.

I still may not understand it but I guess not everyone can go as you planned. I shook my head and tried to focus on my family now. 

Soon enough my grandparents had to go and said they would visit more and I took that as a cue to meet up with Lauren and exchange gifts. I gathered my things and made my way to the door but i was stopped when Sofi came running from the living room.

“You’re already leaving kaki?” she said and looked sad as I grabbed my bag.

“Oh, yeah.. “ I said and watched as she pouted a little. I walked over to her and brought her into a hug. I hated seeing my sister sad, it was even worse when I was the cause, “ I'll be back later Sof i’m just going to give Lauren her gift”

“Oh she didn’t get one?” Sofi asked looking at me with confusion which I found slightly funny as I smiled.

“Well if I spend all day here with you then she won’t “ I said and she made a face as if she understood now.

“Oh okay! Then I'll see you later, I don't want her to be the only one with no gift " I chuckled lightly and ruffled her hair before kissing her head and bringing her into a hug.

I saw my mother and sister off and made my way to my car but i had to go home first and get a few things. Afterwards i made my way to Lauren’s apartment  I walked and was greeted with a happy Leo and my girlfriend still in her Pj’s.

“Hey Leo! Hi!" I spoke with excitement and he gave me cheek kisses as i pet his little head and fur.

“Seems like I'm not the only one who really misses you” Lauren said and i looked up at her as I knelt down and picked up Leo 

“Merry Christmas baby” i smiled as she returned the smile and pulled me in by my arm and kissed my lips almost longingly.

“Merry Christmas to you too-mmm”Lauren mumbled against my lips before taking them into her once again, but we were interrupted by a bark and cheek kisses which broke us apart.

“Leo wants kisses too” I spoke and I laughed as I pet his head once more. Lauren dragged me into her apartment further and closed the door behind us. I dropped my things on to the small table and followed Lauren to the living room but as I made my way there i stopped when i saw the set up.