Epilogue

Camila's pov

One year later…….

It’s been a whole year…. It feels like it’s been longer. A lot has changed since I moved out on my own and got a decent job and decided to finally go to school.

Lauren helped me see that.

Deciding to finally do what I've always wanted was the best choice I could have made. I had been seeing my family fall apart, slowly for years. Seeing how they’ve made their life choices for the good of what they called their future but, I wasn't going to be apart of that. 

I stayed with my mother for a while until I found a job and a small nice apartment. I ended up going to the same school as Lauren and have been studying what i’ve wanted and I've got to say. I’m doing pretty well.

I had to start from nothing for once and work my way up. So I worked my butt off to have my own car and signed up for several scholars and managed to ride out the first year of college.

It has been an experience like no other. It’s like I became a new person seeing what there was to life, I don’t shy away from conversation and I'm very much open to so many new things. I even made a couple of new friends and acquaintances but they could never live up to my closest friends I've started out with last year.

My mom was very much proud of me seeing as I signed up for college, and when I finally got my apartment she didn’t hesitate to want to help move and decorate the place with my sister Sofi. It was a pretty exciting day having to unpack and settle in, with help from my mother and sister of course.

Over the last year those two have been nothing but supportive and helpful with how I’ve come so far and help shape me into the person I am now, I couldn’t be more grateful…

But as I progressed in my new changes in life my father has not once stop trying to see me and talk to me as he apologized continuously. I guess he saw i wasn’t some child anymore but I couldn't be too sure.

But I finally gave into him one day and listened to what he had to say. As he spoke, I could tell he felt guilty but over the years of neglect to see me as his daughter, I couldn't just forgive him so easily. But with every passing day I tried to. I tried to see that he was still my father and not someone just forcing me to be someone I am not for their benefit.

And with every passing day i felt like i saw my father, for the man he once was. The man I knew he still is… just lost in his way.

After my first year of college my mother wanted to celebrate so she invited all the girls and our family’s to her home and we had a small barbeque. I expected only the closest people in my life to be there like any other day and i had fun catching up talking about what's been going on in our lives, but out of all things I didn't expect to see my father show up, and when he did, I was a little shocked. 

But like everyone else who was there that day, I greeted him but never passed more than a hello and congrats on my first year of college. He seemed a little nervous but I overlooked that and let him enjoy the party with everyone else as I mingled with the rest of the guests there. 

I had a great time with everyone by the end of the night and that included my father, i say that day had to be the first time I have seen my father in a while and not so worried about anything other than what was happening in front of him right now.

School was great, though it definitely kicked my ass when it came around to exam week. But i had a little help here and there as I managed to pass my first year. This following year coming up I was excited to see what was in store for this new year.